For those who leapt up on the outrage bandwagon

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Re: For those who leapt up on the outrage bandwagon

Post by TPFKA@W »

In Alabama there lives a family of 1/2 dozen or so that are the most liberal people I know personally. I have never asked if they judge people as a whole, as you do. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Here's the lesson I've learned from the Bubba noose news: An innocent or unintended reason for something that exists is not an excuse for all of the pain caused by its existence once it is discovered and spread all over the media. We all should be careful how we speak, choose what we wear cautiously and most of all, be aware that how we tie a knot can lead to an unforeseen negative consequence.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:56 am
Here's the lesson I've learned from the Bubba noose news: An innocent or unintended reason for something that exists is not an excuse for all of the pain caused by its existence once it is discovered and spread all over the media. We all should be careful how we speak, choose what we wear cautiously and most of all, be aware that how we tie a knot can lead to an unforeseen negative consequence.

This reminds me of an old joke: How do Germans tie their shoes?

In little Nazis.

dales

Post by dales »

I don't know, but I know that German children are kinder.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:43 am
In Alabama there lives a family of 1/2 dozen or so that are the most liberal people I know personally. I have never asked if they judge people as a whole, as you do. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Okay. You're right. I have no reason whatsoever to think there might be any unrepentant racists in and around Talladega.

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

All those shootings around Chicago. Can’t be any good people in the general vicinity-just thugs.

dales

Post by dales »

Ignored by the media as it doesn't fit the narrative.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

TPFKA@W wrote:
I wonder if this this Alabama family shares your opinion of Chicago...or if they would share it if they saw a news photo of a plane towing a 'REDNECKS GO HOME" banner along the Lake Michigan lakefront?

I do apologize for smearing the whole state of Alabama, but I don't apologize for my opinion of Talladega Speedway and NASCAR fans: there was a fucking noose hanging in a NASCAR garage stall for nine months before anybody thought there was anything weird about it. (And what a coincidence that Wallace, the only black driver in the series, right after successfully pushing for NASCAR to ban the Confederate flag, just happens to be assigned the garage with the noose in it?!)

ETA: BTW, I'm now living in a rural area about 70 miles west of Chicago...and even when I lived in the inner city I realized that that some neighborhoods were safer than others, and that the city wasn't one big undifferentiated slum. Oh, and also too...I've been sending monthly donations to Sen. Doug Jones for his re-election campaign, so I haven't completely given up hope for the state of Alabama!
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

NASCAR garage assignments are based off of points standings. It's not random, and it's not a case of "lets give so and so this garage today".
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Apparently it wasn't Wallace who saw the 'noose' and reported it but NASCAR itself. FBI assigned 15 agents! It looks like a loop I have hanging from the rafters in my garage: I use it to hang a lamp over my workbench and I must admit that when I put it there I wasn't thinking about anything more than solving the problem of a dark workbench without having to make another connection back at the breaker box. I will retie it this morning so that it looks a little less noose-ish.

Meanwhile Don Jr (who may in fact be even thicker than his dad if that is possible) posts a Twit about those assholes who made some poor cops drink bleach. Except of course that it wasn't true as Shake Shack proved to the satisfaction of NYPD.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:56 am
We all should be careful how we speak, choose what we wear cautiously and most of all, be aware that how we tie a knot can lead to an unforeseen negative consequence.
Up to a point, yes.

But if I'm wearing a shirt that features, let's say, the Cleveland Indians logo, the pugilistic little leprechaun of Notre Dame, an old retro "Dukes of Hazzard" T-shirt showing Bo, Luke, and Daisy leaning against the 'General Lee', Confederate flag on the roof and all, or even an ad for a pizza place that says "Black Olives Matter" and you get all bent out of shape about it, well then, fuck you AND the horse you rode in on.  I'm entitled to my opinions and my right to express them just as much as the next person, so you need to step back, take a deep breath, and in the words of that song from "Frozen", LET IT GO!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You clearly are entitled to your opinion and the right to express it, but why would you do it in a way that offends someone else? Don't we have enough assholes to go around? Are you so wedded to any of the images you described that you really don't give a damn if they offend others? Is it so important to wear a confederate flag or a cartoon logo that you don't care if you, even unintentionally offend someone? And can't you say essentially the same thing without causing that offense? Etiquette only requires a consideration of the feelings of others; have things gotten so bad that you just say screw you and your feelings?

Again, you are free to wear or say what you want, but why choose to offend others rather than avoid that offense?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Econoline wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:17 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Okay. You're right. I have no reason whatsoever to think there might be any unrepentant racists in and around Talladega.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/us/chica ... index.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html

ETC. There is absolutely no reason for me to believe there is anyone decent living in or near Chicago. THUGS RULE.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

:lol: Chicagoans just *LOOOOVE* that stereotype: it keeps the Hoosiers away. :nana
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

The city of "Broad Shoulders".

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I dated a broad from Chicago with nice shoulders.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

ETA: That's not just "a knot". That is a noose. That's not what my garage door pull-down rope looks like; how many of you here have a pull-down rope on your garage door that looks like the one in that photo?
God @The Tweet of God

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Econoline wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:18 pm
:lol: Chicagoans just *LOOOOVE* that stereotype: it keeps the Hoosiers away. :nana
You are proud of your reputation? That's pretty sad. :shock:

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

and The Hoosiers set up Gary to keep you guys out
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Crackpot wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:33 pm
and The Hoosiers set up Gary to keep you guys out
...and General Eisenhower gave us a big wide Interstate Highway so we could zip right through without stopping! ;)

(Okay, I must admit I'm rather fond of Indiana Dunes—both the State Park and the National Park).

(But there really are no good restaurants until you get to Michigan.)
God @The Tweet of God