A Public Lashing is Appropriate

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Re: A Public Lashing is Appropriate

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Darren

Post by Darren »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am
Econoline wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:54 am
Since when can a present-day teenager spell anything correctly, let alone a "commonly known"(???) name like "Aishah"?

(BTW, Isis was an Egyptian goddess. And a Bob Dylan song.)
A 16 year old today is very likely not to know those last two facts.

Misspelling something that sounds like Aishah is one thing, but ISIS doesn’t sound like Aishah.

And I keep getting gut punched by the shit I have to read from folks on this board. The callousness toward BIPOC and the excuse making for racism is very fucking disheartening.
With today's educational results I'm 50/50 on this one. I need to know more.

I'm amazed at how many dumb asses the education system is generating. They don't teach kids phonics as they're expected to "grow" into reading. They have difficulty translating sounds into words for ones they're not familiar with. I wouldn't know how the spell the woman's name. I'd have to ask her.

I'm curious how many customers were stacked up waiting while the kid tries to get the order right.

Add the ever present spell check that more and more depend on and I have every expectation this isn't the first or last time someone will have their name misspelled or mispronounced.

Now that we're into more PC BS and an era when everyone is easily offended, this is news? How did we ever survive the era of kikes, guineas, hunkiess, spics etc.

Could it be the payola wasn't out there and PC BS wasn't around to encourage more of the same?

People have been mispronouncing my name since grade school. I'm surprised when they get it right. Do I get pissed? Nope!

We've convinced people life is Burger King. Have it your way has gone to extremes.

I won't get started on BIPOC and more genders than I can keep up with. Every time I turn around someone has changed the fucking jargon and if you don't know it you're automatically discriminating against someone.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Idiot. If they put "honkey asshole" on your cup and expected you to answer to the call . . .
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:33 am
Idiot. If they put "honkey asshole" on your cup and expected you to answer to the call . . .
I don't buy coffee out. So no cup PC BS for me. When they do need a name for an order I say Ralph (as in projectile vomiting).
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The U.S. is an English speaking country if she wants to be understood next time she should say bob.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The U.S. is an English speaking country if she wants to be understood next time she should say bob.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I like Bambi as the name to call. Just for a second, you get to be called anything you want. Kind of like my friend who, back when they could get regular people to take surveys, always answered that he was in the wealthiest category.

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:33 am

Well, I am not supposed to do this; you should know the reason, but you started it. You old FOOL, “When in Rome do as the Roman do”. The US is an English speaking country, is it not? I try to be a Christian but it is hard with an asshole like you around.

If I was called a Honkey I wouldn’t mind because that is what I am, for the most part anyway. But I am not an asshole. I try to be understanding and forgiving. My wife gets upset when we are cut off on the highway, but I don’t; I figure there is something happening in his life I am unaware of like perhaps he is trying to get home fast to check on his wife.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Oh come on, how many of us would have "Mike Hunt" or "Hugh Jarse" as their mug name?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Not in the US; it would be Hugh Jass.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I am getting ideas.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Some people have trouble sounding out names.

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I know a young lady, about 30, whose given name is Isis. She pronounces both eyes with the short i variety, and uses a soft S in both cases. It's like HISSiss, without the H.

S'pose she gets good service at Starbucks?
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Isis, oh, Isis, you mystical child
What drives me to you is what drives me insane
I still can remember the way that you smiled
On the fifth day of may in the drizzlin' rain
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

At last, a picture of the victim of this incident.

Hope she doesn't go to BW3 next.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Econoline wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:35 pm
Some people have trouble sounding out names.

Just thought I'd stick this up here ....

Not that I'm supporting or standing up for Trump or anything like that (far, FAR from it!), but just thought I'd point out Photoshopping — in this case, the letters — when I find it.
(and no, I didn't go looking for it; I just happened come across it in an entirely different article from 'The Atlantic')
-"BB"-0
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?