Genocide in South Africa?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Darren

Genocide in South Africa?

Post by Darren »

" “It’s been a rough month,” says Jess.

Coming from a one-man mountain with more shrapnel scars than most, things must be looking bleak in South Africa.

And it’s worse than any of us can imagine. Eighty-four farm attacks since lockdown began, twelve white farmers slaughtered from their land. The footage of the aftermath of one of the attacks circulating on Telegram and sent to me — too brutal to share. Only monsters could do such things to the elderly in their own homes.

As many of us celebrated the 4th of July this weekend, there were three murders in two days, one of them so unspeakably cruel that even those hardened to the news of torture of farmers by black gangs have found themselves white-knuckled at the speed of the horror.

When these massive men like Jess feel it, we need to stop and listen. They are the first people I would run to if I needed protecting: strong, sturdy, unflinching. These strong South Africans are part of the land, they have it coursing throughout their blood just as the sunshine and water spills through the crops and trees on their soil.

Hearing the horrible news I want to grab my little daysack — sitting ready with my passport and power plugs — pull on my boots and go. I am desperate to head back to their country, somehow leap into the struggle and to help the murdered be heard. For now I share their pictures with you, hopelessly trying to reanimate them as individuals, instead of more bodies on a pile."

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/0 ... e-hopkins/
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Genocide in South Africa?

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Durban - Since the start of 2020, KwaZulu-Natal has recorded 11 farm attacks and four farm murders new statistics show.

In 2019, the province recorded a total of 31 farm attacks and five murders. During the national lockdown, from March 27 to June 30, KwaZulu-Natal recorded seven farm attacks and two farm murders.

Across the country, 70 farm attacks and 13 farm murders were recorded. Prior to the lockdown, from December 29, 2019 to March 26, 2020, the country recorded 69 farm attacks and 12 farm murders.
Darren, did you by any chance bother to read about murders of blacks, and particularly of women (both white and black)? Attacks on isolated farms in rural areas are awful. But it's far from genocidal.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Thank you; I drafted a similar post but decided it was better coming from somebody else. Best coming from you, I think.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

Can people in the rural areas own guns so that they can protect themselves?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:57 am
No guns, but as you can see in this picture of Meade when he was younger and spent more time in the sun, they are allowed to have spears:

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:57 am
Yes. Strict licensing laws but the old white farmers always have a gun in the house. I can tell you imagine this is some sort of Rorke's Drift scene. The tsotsis are coming and the farmer knows it. So up go the barricades and out comes the trusty rifle or handgun, ready to defend the homestead. That's not how it happens.

Thanks, Jo. I still have that rippling torso. It's in here, somewhere.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts