A winner at the great American sport

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Burning Petard

Re: A winner at the great American sport

Post by Burning Petard »

Fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor was ‘not a race thing,’ officer says in first public interview

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... s-offered/

For Liberty, and others who advocate the NRA slogan that the only anwer for a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, I suggest they read this article carefully. The subtext is that the people we have, as a social consensus, authorized to carry firearms and use them to kill social deviants, cannot be relied on to shoot straight--but that is no hinderance on their capacity or willingness to send forth small metal slugs with significant kinetic energy. These police shot only after they were fired upon and managed to hit everything but the person who had fired at them.
I am reminded the advice from R. Heinlein, oft repeated after the Kent State shooting: Don't throw rocks at people with guns, and don't stand next to people who do.

snailgate

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

It's not yet clear that the PO who was hit was in fact shot by the man in the apartment with Ms Taylor. I would have thought that it was a simple ballistics comparison. The fact that they haven't, many months after the shooting, indicates to me that they have tried and failed and still can't correlate it to his weapon and for some reason do not have access to the police weapons for a comparison.

No-one disputes that Mr Walker fired. HIs story - and I believe this - is that he thought he was firing at unknown people trying to break down the door at 1 in the morning. They have not charged him with attempted murder of a PO: and their body cameras were conveniently turned off. They say that they announced their presence. Why wuold you if it's a no-knock warrant?

A court recently said that grand jurors can talk about the case. And the first juror to talk has said that they were not offered any potential charges against the offices except the wanton endangerment charges. The state AG said that "he had walked the grand jury through "every homicide offense, and also presented all of the information that was available." (I took that from Wikipedia but it agrees with both my recollection and the cited reference.) Someone is lying and I think it's the AG. He tried to maintain that the GJ considered and rejected murder or manslaughter charges. If the juror is to be believed, no he fucking did not.

As far as the rock throwing at Kent State is concerned- now 50 years ago - the four people killed were between 265 and 390 feet from the National Guard. They'd pretty much have to be world record rock throwers to get one close to the Guard, or be standing close to one.

rubato

Post by rubato »

You can almost always punish someone more effectively by giving them money.. Maybe he will give it to Opus Dei and they can persecute more Jews with it. Or help the mafia launder money with it.

yrs,
rubato