What Some People Won't Do To Avoid Paying Rent

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
dales

What Some People Won't Do To Avoid Paying Rent

Post by dales »

Police: CT man decapitated landlord with sword

By Pat Tomlinson Updated 8:26 am PDT, Wednesday, July 29, 2020

HARTFORD — A city man beheaded his landlord with a samurai sword and is now facing a murder charge, police said.

Jerry David Thompson, 42, was arrested Monday — a day after police found his landlord, Victor King, decapitated in his home on Asylum Avenue, police said.

Thompson had been renting a room from King.

Police said the killing stemmed from an argument when Thompson allegedly threatened King with the sword. King reported the incident to police on Saturday.

The next day, police found King dead in his apartment after friends reported they could not reach him.

Police later arrested Thompson, who was charged with murder and is being held on $2 million bond.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Re: What Some People Won't Do To Avoid Paying Rent

Post by Joe Guy »

The landlord was fed up with all of Thompson's excuses and he lost his head.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Connecticut Yankee in King landlord’s court?

liberty

Post by liberty »

The guy should get the death penalty for killing this black man in such a horrible way. This was a racist killing and should be declared a hate crime.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The killer is black. The victim was not.

dales

Post by dales »

liberty was thinking of this:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:42 am
The killer is black. The victim was not.
The village idiot knows that. He's doing his moronic "why is every white-on-black killing considered a hate crime but the reverse is not true" routine.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Police questioned Mr Thompson, who refused to answer any questions or speak.  He then wrote on a piece of paper that a “paper in glove compart in Jeep is all you need”, police said.  After obtaining a search warrant, investigators discovered paperwork in Mr Thompson’s vehicle that suggested he believed he was a “sovereign citizen” or an individual not subjected to any statues and can interpret laws in their own way.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 49661.html
In other words, another one of liberty's "ain't nobody gonna tell me what I can or can't do" kind of people.

Incidentally, I'll address to any of the Brits or ex-Brits out there — why is it the custom to NOT place a period after the abbreviation for 'mister' or other title?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Police questioned Mr Thompson, who refused to answer any questions or speak.  He then wrote on a piece of paper that a “paper in glove compart in Jeep is all you need”, police said.  After obtaining a search warrant, investigators discovered paperwork in Mr Thompson’s vehicle that suggested he believed he was a “sovereign citizen” or an individual not subjected to any statues and can interpret laws in their own way.

Ah, one of the "Freemen on the land" nutters!!

Surely the charge should be manslaughter? He may not have intended to kill his landlord when he hacked his head off with "Samurai" sword.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

he believed he was a “sovereign citizen” or an individual not subjected to any statues
He thought he had some lee-way?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 am

Incidentally, I'll address to any of the Brits or ex-Brits out there — why is it the custom to NOT place a period after the abbreviation for 'mister' or other title?
-"BB"-
Don't know. NYT always (as far as I can see) uses the period (full stop). LA Times does. Guardian does not. The Daily Mail is inconsistent - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. (Re The Mail: colo(u)r me surprised!)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What Andy wrote.

Mr. is/was correct as far as I can tell FWIW. But I guess it's not important. It's as easy to understand Mr Smith as it is Mr. Smith.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

British form is Mr Mrs Ms Dr, American form is Mr. Mrs. Ms. Dr.

Daily Mail can barely spell and often contains terrible grammar - an article this week depicted a shark grabbing a fish off a fisherman’s line in Seward, Arkansas. Of course the incident actually happened in Alaska, but Daily Mail ‘reporters’ can’t be arsed to look up the AK and apparently are so unfamiliar with American geography as to not immediately know that there are no sharks in Arkansas. NOT the best source of anything, certainly not proper language usage.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

You never know! :lol: :lol: Never would have guessed that a Pike is a Shark

Shark is an unincorporated community in Yell County, Arkansas, United States

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I saw the Mail story but didn't notice that it happened in those shark rich Arkansas waters. Yes: in the Mail, grammar, spelling and facts are often - to use Kellyanne's word - alternative. But I've noticed in the comments to political stories, that the usual knee-jerk "I wish we had someone like Trump over here" comments are now AWOL. If you've lost the Daily Mail readers, Trump, you might as well give up.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Coming soon to Discovery Channel's Shark Week?
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:19 pm
They've already made "Sharknado" (and several sequels, which proves the statement that "nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public") and "Sharkcano".  Good gravy, don't give them any more ideas!!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
In other words, another one of liberty's "ain't nobody gonna tell me what I can or can't do" kind of people.

-"BB"-
When did I ever say anything like that? Have I ever said I don’t obey the law? I always obey the law and always will even when I think it is wrong. The only exception would be a clearly unconstitutional law. A law can be wrong and still be constitutional.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

subjected to any statues
If statues start talking I am not taking orders from them either. Particularly them nekid ones.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
As I understand it, it's because the Brits (or at least the Brits who decided on this particular rule of punctuation) don't consider those to be abbreviations, technically, because the middle of the word—rather than the end of the word—is the part that's eliminated. (I'm not sure why that doesn't make them contractions, with apostrophes—e.g. M'r, M's, M'r's[???], D'r, etc. I'm just relating the little bit I think I read somewhere, sometime.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

My guess is whoever made up the rule thought, 'What's the point?'