Hot Java Is No Jive

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
dales

Hot Java Is No Jive

Post by dales »

Dunkin' Donuts employee arrested after cop finds 'large, thick piece of mucus' in his coffee
JON HAWORTH
ABC NewsAugust 2, 2020, 5:04 AM

A Dunkin’ Donuts employee has been arrested after a police officer found a “large, thick piece of mucus which was later confirmed to be saliva” in his coffee.

The incident occurred at approximately 10:20 p.m. on July 30 when an Illinois State Police (ISP) District Chicago Trooper bought a large black coffee from a Dunkin’ Donuts establishment located on Archer Avenue in Chicago, Illinois.

“Due to the coffee being extremely hot, the Trooper removed the lid from the top of the cup to cool it down,” the Illinois State Police said in a statement.

It was then that the officer noticed the mucus and saliva floating inside his coffee cup.

The ISP immediately began an investigation into the incident which culminated just a couple of hours later with the arrest of 25-year-old Dunkin’ Donuts employee Vincent J. Sessler.

Sessler was taken into custody without incident by the ISP District Chicago Troopers and has been charged with Disorderly Conduct and Battery to a Peace Officer.

ISP Director Brendan F. Kelly issued a stern statement about the incident.

“This is outrageous and disgusting,” said Kelly. “The men and women of the Illinois State Police put their heart and soul into protecting the lives and rights of all people in this state every day. They deserve better than this insulting and dangerous treatment.”

Kelly also said that ISP officers and employees will now be prohibited from patronizing that Dunkin’ Donuts location for their own safety.

Sessler currently remains in custody at the Chicago Police Department’s 8th District while the investigation continues.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Re: Hot Java Is No Jive

Post by Joe Guy »

I’ll have a large coffee with room for mucus please.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

He should have ordered it Black
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Maybe he spit in his own coffee so he could hassle the hapless employee; that's why we need bodycams all the time.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

:roll:
Big RR wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:26 pm
Maybe he spit in his own coffee so he could hassle the hapless employee; that's why we need bodycams all the time.

:roll: A DNA analysis will set the record straight.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

What a waste of technology. It remind me of one condo association around here that wanted all pets to have their DNA analyzed, and hen wanted to di similar analyses of any pet feces found not cleaned up by the owner to identify where they came from.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

So we ignore the technology available to answer the question and just assume the cop is guilty?

This is why I can't stand people and lawyers in particular. Carry on.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Please, I was joking from the beginning, but apparently you did not recognize it. Certainly we can use DNA testing if necessary, although I'm prettysure someone would have seen the kid doing it (if that's what happened). It could also be something that came off the lid or from inside the cup or even from the coffee maker (and while the post identifies it as saliva, saliva and mucous are not the same thing, so I'm not sure what it was. It should be analyzed first to see what it was, and then identified further as needed. I seriously doubt the cop spit in his own coffee

I was not, however, joking about pet feces and using DNA alaysis to identify where it was from. Rather than pay hundreds of dollars for the testing (both the original typing and then the test of the fecal matter, there are better lo-tech ways to watch the property and what people do with their pets than this.

And after this post, if you still can't stand me, I'll live with it.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 pm
Please, I was joking from the beginning, but apparently you did not recognize it. Certainly we can use DNA testing if necessary, although I'm prettysure someone would have seen the kid doing it (if that's what happened). It could also be something that came off the lid or from inside the cup or even from the coffee maker (and while the post identifies it as saliva, saliva and mucous are not the same thing, so I'm not sure what it was. It should be analyzed first to see what it was, and then identified further as needed. I seriously doubt the cop spit in his own coffee

I was not, however, joking about pet feces and using DNA alaysis to identify where it was from. Rather than pay hundreds of dollars for the testing (both the original typing and then the test of the fecal matter, there are better lo-tech ways to watch the property and what people do with their pets than this.

And after this post, if you still can't stand me, I'll live with it.
No, it did not particularly come across as a joke. The implication seemed to be that you think cops are scummy and would do this, you know, take time out of their busy day to frame a barista for spitting in their coffee. So by the same implied logic, I worked for 2 different scummy lawyers in my younger days and so by association you are all scummy. Google David Coleman Bloomington Indiana to see the scum surface. He used to snort lines of coke on his desk in front of his staff. In the same story, coincidentally the other lawyer I worked for also is guest starring scum. So all lawyers must suck. I can live with you living with it.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

There are actually numerous cases where cops have falsely accused fast food workers of altering their food and drink when investigation proved that nothing of the sort happened. Far more of those cases, in fact, than of cases where cops were actually victims of tampered food. Most recently a cop wrote pig on his coffee cup and blamed it on a barista, but evidence proved the cop did it and he was fired.

I’ve worked with lots of cops. Several of them were scumbag liars and bullies, and since I’ve seen dozens of cases in the news of such cops in other jurisdictions around the country, I feel assured in taking the position that most cops are lying scumbag bullies and some are maybe decent people.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 pm
There are actually numerous cases where cops have falsely accused fast food workers of altering their food and drink when investigation proved that nothing of the sort happened. Far more of those cases, in fact, than of cases where cops were actually victims of tampered food. Most recently a cop wrote pig on his coffee cup and blamed it on a barista, but evidence proved the cop did it and he was fired.

I’ve worked with lots of cops. Several of them were scumbag liars and bullies, and since I’ve seen dozens of cases in the news of such cops in other jurisdictions around the country, I feel assured in taking the position that most cops are lying scumbag bullies and some are maybe decent people.
But RR’s “joke” had no basis for this being the case. Just a scummy lawyer thing I guess.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Big RR made a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of you people.... You white privileged women.... Karens....yeah, Karens... ought to get a sense of humor and quit preaching. We all know you've never done anything unkind or wrong in your life but you're the exception to the rule. Besides, what's Big RR ever said bad about you? Now have a cup of coffee and relax. I'll make it for you....

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:57 pm
Big RR made a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of you people.... You white privileged women.... Karens....yeah, Karens... ought to get a sense of humor and quit preaching. We all know you've never done anything unkind or wrong in your life but you're the exception to the rule. Besides, what's Big RR ever said bad about you? Now have a cup of coffee and relax. I'll make it for you....
Ok kevin.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 pm
Ok kevin.
Thank you, young lady....

From the Urban Dictionary:
A Kevin, especially a second generation Kevin, is such a sweet and handsome man that everyone wants to get to know. He never fails to make you laugh. Kevin is always there when you need him and knows exactly what to say at the right time. No matter how stubborn you may be, a Kevin knows how to bring you back down to Earth. He is very calm and levelheaded. A Kevin can talk to you for hours and the conversation never gets old. He is a very good listener, who makes you see things in ways you would never dream of seeing otherwise. Kevin can be quite the head turner, but he is always loyal. He deeply cares about trust and it can be extremely hard to earn it back once it is gone. A Kevin loves passionately and once he has fallen for someone special, he would do anything and everything in his power to keep her. He always knows how to make you feel like the most beautiful and special girl in the world. There is never a dull moment with a Kevin.

dales

Post by dales »

I have a nephew and son in law both named Kevin.

Good to know.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Now I get to burst your bubble Kevin: A Kevin is someone who consistently or greatly shows a complete lack of intelligence through incompetence of social and societal norms, or is purposefully antagonistic in their poor decision making.

dales

Post by dales »

My nephew and s-i-l is nothing of the sort.

....someone who consistently or greatly shows a complete lack of intelligence through incompetence of social and societal norms, or is purposefully antagonistic in their poor decision making.
That might be a Donald.

yrs,
rubato

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

dales wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:11 am
My nephew and s-i-l is nothing of the sort.

....someone who consistently or greatly shows a complete lack of intelligence through incompetence of social and societal norms, or is purposefully antagonistic in their poor decision making.
That might be a Donald.

I was aiming at Joe with that, but if your family is stupid and fits the description it is on you not me.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:45 am
Now I get to burst your bubble Kevin: A Kevin is someone who consistently or greatly shows a complete lack of intelligence through incompetence of social and societal norms, or is purposefully antagonistic in their poor decision making.
Oh.... that Kevin.

Never mind.

dales

Post by dales »

I was aiming at Joe with that, but if your family is stupid and fits the description it is on you not me.
I love my family.

Many have done quite well and have high-paying jobs.

What's your excuse?

yrs,
rubato