Anyone looking for a good deal on a used motorcycle?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

Re: Anyone looking for a good deal on a used motorcycle?

Post by Joe Guy »

If Trump had a brain in his head, he would be supporting mail-in ballots. Half of his followers are probably going to need to vote from their ventilators.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:28 am
If Trump had a brain in his head, he would be supporting mail-in ballots. Half of his followers are probably going to need to vote from their ventilators.
If Trump had a brain in his head, he'd — maybe — earn an upgrade from idiot to imbecile.
  • In psychology, an idiot has the least intelligence on the IQ scale (this now is equivalent to someone who is mentally retarded or the more politically correct “mentally challenged”); an imbecile is not quite as dumb as an idiot and is now considered equivalent to moderate retardation; a moron is then the highest level of intelligence for someone who is mentally retarded, thus considered as being mildly mentally retarded.  Specifically, those who have an IQ between 0 and 25 are idiots; IQs between 26 and 50 are considered imbeciles; and those who have an IQ between 51 and 70 are considered morons.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

So, in layman's terms, Trump is below Moe level.

dales

Post by dales »

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:23 am
From the Daily Mail:
Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is responsible for 260,000 new cases of coronavirus and the healthcare bill to treat the infections will be $12.2 BILLION, new study claims
I've skimmed the methodology section of the study. They used cell phone data to track attendees at the event and then compared COVID incidence at those counties which contributed lots of visitors compared to similar counties which supplied only a few visitors. Seems reasonable to me. It will be interesting to see if the study survives - it will surely be challenged by S Dakota and those folk who believe that masks and social distancing is only for softies.
Well there have been challenges to this study: not surprisingly from the Governor of S Dakota, among others. (BTW Kristi Noem is my dark horse for an embattled Trump, worried he will lose in November, to replace Pence on the ticket. Pence will suddenly decide that he needs to spend more time with his family.). Anyway, she has a point which is that the 'similar' counties compared against those that supplied lots of Sturgis attendees may have other differences. Others have made the same point.

They aren't necessarily wrong. But the fact remains that those counties which did supply lots of riders to Sturgis have something like 250,000 'extra' cases of COVID. As with any statistical evaluation, the final number (266,796) looks oddly precise but it's the center of a wide range.

A better conclusion would be that those counties that supplied many Sturgis attenders had an excess of 250,000 COVID cases, assuming that the stats have been done correctly. The reason could be directly due to the rally; and/or behavior, among the population, which aids transmission of the virus. To me, it is not unlikely that - huge generalization here but thats what statistics are for - the sort of people who would go to an uncontrolled event such as Sturgis are also the sort of people who refuse to wear masks anytime or who think that the whole COVID thing is a hoax and behave accordingly, and the county where they live is favorable to that mind set. I think it's both.