The Social Dilemma

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

The Social Dilemma

Post by BoSoxGal »

I gave this a look and did some thinking, on top of the thinking (and stewing) I’ve been doing for a long while now.

I’m attempting to make a very serious break from my digital life. I know it’s what almost everyone does and I’ll probably go out in the world to find there is nobody to engage with who isn’t glued to a phone - but as I’m an introvert that’s okay. At least I’ll be out in the world and not glued to my phone.

I don’t sit at a desk anymore so I’m not online really unless I’m on my phone. Since I’m planning to put my phone in the drawer, if I’m successful, I’m going to be absent more than not. It will probably be more pleasant here without me about 😉 but I wanted to let y’all know because you might have worried otherwise.

I highly recommend looking at this documentary, anyway - it’s stuff worth thinking about.

I’ll likely check in when Trump does anything really crazy. Just don’t forget 86451132020!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Re: The Social Dilemma

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Per BSG
I’ll likely check in when Trump does anything really crazy.
See you tomorrow, then.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

She'll be back, sooner rather than later.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Already.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Already.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 pm
Already.
Obsessed much? :roll:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

rubato

Post by rubato »

The best way to not have your identity stolen or to be trolled is never to use instagram or facebook.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

When you aren't paying for it, YOU are the product.

yrs,
rubato

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:55 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Already.
Yes, you do seem to be. Anyone knew you can't stay away after each of your tiara tosses of the day.
You are a classic narcissist. Now put be back on ignore where you claim to have me.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:54 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:55 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Already.
Yes, you do seem to be. Anyone knew you can't stay away after each of your tiara tosses of the day.
You are a classic narcissist. Now put be back on ignore where you claim to have me.
You are apparently a moron with a lack of ability to read and comprehend. I didn’t say I was quitting this place, I said I was getting off Facebook and minimizing my use of the phone and so wouldn’t be here as often. Because a few people here actually give a shit about me (and vice versa) and two from our community recently died, I thought I’d be courteous and provide in advance an explanation of my reduction in posting. I didn’t claim that I wouldn’t post at all.

You are a real cunt, you know. It makes me very sad that LJ and RT and even RBG died instead of someone like you. I don’t give a shit if anybody here thinks I’m mean for saying it - you’re a miserable bitch and I won’t feel one moment of sadness if the news one day is that you’ve gotten COVID19 from work and died of it. It is hard to fathom that you bring any joy to anybody, but at very least you relish being a cunt almost all the time to me and some others over the years at CSB and Plan B - it’s obvious to me you’ve been a bully all your life (and frankly knowing the type, I’d bet anything I know exactly the kind of ‘care’ you provide your patients, too).

The time you were gone was hands down the best time on the board. Your sad fucking obsession with me is the depths of pathetic, truly. Now go fuck yourself you ugly cow.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Ah, the anti-social dilemma. "I don’t give a shit". Try cold water enemas until things clear up.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:59 pm
I know, right? A jealousy driven rage!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I’m trying to learn how to be more mature. I realize some people are experiencing pain and frustration and they sometimes say hateful things that they don’t really mean.

Oh wait. South Park is on. Screw you guys. I’m outta here..

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:23 pm
I’m trying to learn how to be more mature. I realize some people are experiencing pain and frustration and they sometimes say hateful things that they don’t really mean.

Oh wait. South Park is on. Screw you guys. I’m outta here..
I have no doubt that she means every ugly sentiment that she writes. I am unable to be moved to tears by any of it though because I am not currently wallowing in misery and quite get a giggle over it.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:33 pm
I have no doubt that she means every ugly sentiment that she writes. I am unable to be moved to tears by any of it though because I am not currently wallowing in misery and quite get a giggle over it.
Well... then there's that....

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:39 pm
Ah, the anti-social dilemma. "I don’t give a shit". Try cold water enemas until things clear up.
Try a Drano enema. Or a nitric acid douche.

Or just suck-start a shotgun.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:52 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:39 pm
Try a Drano enema. Or a nitric acid douche.

Or just suck-start a shotgun.
Careful there, encouraging suicide can land you in the slammer. Aside from it making you quite the asshole.

dales

Post by dales »

Careful there, encouraging suicide can land you in the slammer. Aside from it making you quite the asshole.
I'm afraid that's SOP for Jarl.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato