So what are your plans?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

So what are your plans?

Post by TPFKA@W »

If the election does not go the way you want? Riot? Get drunk? Run naked through the streets in protest? Move to Canada? (I know what the lefties always say they are going to do, what about the reactionaries?) I know I plan to go to the dentist on election day so I will doubtless be in pain come what may. (Walmart hid all their guns in the back, ammo too so I assume they expect some type of mess whatever happens. 2020 still has some ass to kick.

Scooter

Re: So what are your plans?

Post by Scooter »

wes is going to face down a tank with his water pistol.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Scooter wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:27 am
wes is going to face down a tank with his water pistol.

Is “water pistol “ a euphemism for penis?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

No. I'm sure wes has a water pistol. I'm less sure that he has a penis.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Depends - if Biden wins and all is calm, we may or may not return to the USA in the near future.

If Trump wins, I have a UK passport.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Probably begin my change from a productive member of society to a parasite. Or start drinking. Or both.

dales

Post by dales »

If Trump wins, it will be a long sad 4 years not only for me but for our country as well.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Like most people, I will stand by and wait to see what actually happens.  As the old saying goes, "never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers" — and Trump seems to have been able to rally that particular demographic (stupid people) to his banner in numbers unseen in recent memory.  With the memory of how the obsolete workings of the Electoral College overrode the popular vote in 2016 to give Trump the presidency still fresh in my mind, I'm not foolish enough to say that it can't possibly happen again.

Personally, I think that unless Biden wins big — and by big I mean 60-40 or better — this is going to drag on and on through the media, the courts, and whatever other venue that Trump thinks will work in his favor.

There have already been enough squirrelly things going on — trying to block mail-in/early voting; trying to hamstring the USPS so they will have a had time handling the anticipated flood of mail-in ballots; attempts to invalidate mailed-in and early votes already cast on various cockamamie, made-up issues (matching signature, used the wrong envelope - that sort of nonsense); attempts to block counting or otherwise invalidate any ballots that may be received by mail after election day; and the intent of people to i⃥n⃥t⃥i⃥m⃥i⃥d⃥a⃥t⃥e⃥ ⃥v⃥o⃥t⃥e⃥r⃥s⃥  exercise their 2nd Amendment rights to bear arms by openly displaying and carrying them at/near election sites — that literally anything can and probably will happen.  Any one of these irregularities could affect the count, with either one of the candidates then being able to raise the cry of "We wuz screwed!!"

Don't forget, either, the way Moscow Mitch was able to forget his noble "let the people decide who gets to fill the vacant Supreme Court seat" blather throughout all of 2016, when Merrick Garland was nominated to a vacant seat by then-President Obama, and instead was able turn that to "the seat must not remain vacant, no matter when it happens, so the current President gets to decide even if it was the day before the election" and was able to get a nomination presented to the Senate, and then investigate and hold hearings, and finally confirm and swear in J⃥u⃥d⃥g⃥e⃥ ⃥J⃥u⃥d⃥y⃥  Amy Coney Barrett as an Associate Justice within a month-and-a-half, just in time to pack the SCOTUS in case they ARE called upon to rule on the election.  If this election DOES wind up in the hands of the Supremes — well, let's just say that when it comes to the rhetoric, arguments, and finger-pointing that would result, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

And then of course, there's the quest to flip the Senate (and maintain the Democratic majority in the House).  Even if Trump were to win and be able to hold the Oval Office for another four years, if he loses his gang of 53 in the Senate the Democrats will at least have some form of control over his more egregious acts and proposals.

Worst case scenario is Trump wins and the Democrats are not able to flip the Senate.  In that case, we're ALL in big trouble.  But that's a bridge I hope we won't have to cross.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Worst case scenario is Trump wins and the Democrats are not able to flip the Senate.
God and goddess, I hope so.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Sit back with popcorn,whatever the result.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:23 am
Worst case scenario is Trump wins and the Democrats are not able to flip the Senate.
God and goddess, I hope so.
You seem to be holding that Trump banner pretty high there, Jarl.  I might understand it a little better if you were able to elaborate on just what Trump has done to make YOUR life better.  Your salary go up?  Your job is now more secure?  You can afford healthcare?  Your Social Security is assured?  Your employer has been able to expand?  You're a former coal-miner who has seen your industry magically restore itself?

Or is it just a case of how he and his policies are fucking over people who are NOT like you — blacks, browns, immigrants, women, seniors, or just plain poor whites — and 'owning' the liberals, and that's what got you turned on?  If that's the case, then I truly feel sorry for you in that you can't seem to be happy until/unless someone else is even worse off than you.  And there's a term for that ...
Schadenfreude — the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

My taxes are down. Until the virus, my work was booming. (It's still steady.) The economy was booming.

The "green new deal" would be an unmitigated catastrophe for me and my industry. That alone would guarantee me campaigning for Trump.

Darren

Post by Darren »

I was on four runs within the last week. While three were for highway infrastructure, the one to Arkansas was part of a new steel melt pot for Big River Steel. The three modules for the melt pot were all over width.

I've been seeing billboard ads recruiting truck drivers. I spotted one of the company's cars in a Walmart parking lot. When I returned the driver was also headed to the marked car. We had a brief conversation.

The trucking company's business was booming before Covid-19, fell off and has since picked up.

Oversize loads have fallen off somewhat based on discussions online and in person with other pilot car drivers. The surprise is several have been on mobile home moves which is usually handled by in house drivers.

Overall it looks like business is recovering and some are confidently investing for the future. I thought this was going to be part time.

Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Well Darren, my taxes didn't go down, mainly because I work in one of the areas Trump screwed by capping the property tax deduction (of course it is still available for businesses, he prefers to screw people); it's pretty much a wash for me. And I didn't notice much of an economic boom (although I am doing OK), most of the new jobs here are part time without benefits. Covid 19, and the response, or lack of it, has ravaged a lot of our economy, with many small businesses closed and a lot of those new jobs gone. Infrastructure has pretty much gone to shit, whether on state of federal highways, and, scary in the time of the pandemic, hospitals are closing as well. I don't see any semblance of an economic boom, and this is even before we discuss the many downsides of his administration.

As to the original post, if Biden wins, I'll have a drink to celebrate and then do pretty much what I have done at other times--contact my congressperson and senators on points I am interested in, participate in some campaigns, and support political causes important to me; if Trump somehow pulls it out, I'll pretty much do the same, except that the drink will not be to celebrate and I will double my efforts in the latter part.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Tell me again why I should subsidize your property taxes...?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Why do you do it for businesses? Generally one does not pay tax on income was has paid to another taxing authority, but Trump changed that for individuals. Personally, it would make far more sense to me to do away with that deduction entirely, than to cap it (only for individuals). If you don't want to subsidize my property tax, I imagine you think Trump's cap is wrong as well and the deduction should be phased out.

And then, why should either of us subsidize the other's charitable deductions, healthcare expenses, or mortgage interest? And why should I subsidize your capital gains by charging a lower rate on them than my interest or other income? Right?

ETA: And, in any event, Trump shouldn't claim to cut taxes when all he does for ordinary taxpayers is give with one hand and take with the other.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gonna rent a helium tank.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:lol:

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I plan to make no plan. I trust the American people will disappoint all those news personalities and accept the results in low key, non-violent reaction.

"if it bleeds, it leads" is the motto of Fox, NBC and Gannett, and most other news disseminators. Whose blood is irrelevant.

snailgate

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:56 pm
Why do you do it for businesses? Generally one does not pay tax on income was has paid to another taxing authority, but Trump changed that for individuals. Personally, it would make far more sense to me to do away with that deduction entirely, than to cap it (only for individuals). If you don't want to subsidize my property tax, I imagine you think Trump's cap is wrong as well and the deduction should be phased out.

And then, why should either of us subsidize the other's charitable deductions, healthcare expenses, or mortgage interest? And why should I subsidize your capital gains by charging a lower rate on them than my interest or other income? Right?

ETA: And, in any event, Trump shouldn't claim to cut taxes when all he does for ordinary taxpayers is give with one hand and take with the other.
Glad to see you're in favor of a flat tax, then.