Methuselah is back

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
dales

Re: Methuselah is back

Post by dales »

Burning Petard wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:47 pm
BSG-- it might be simple nuff too employ the buttons available to skip over those who do not appreciate your level of taste and good judgement.

Other wise a tip of (the hatlo, and my own) to you.

snailgate
"you’re a miserable bitch and I won’t feel one moment of sadness if the news one day is that you’ve gotten COVID19 from work and died of it." ~BSG

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:55 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:32 pm
Just the same way we nice old men can get away with grinning at good-looking young 'un and say "Gee honey. You're an awful cute one, yessir, no doubt about it"
That would fall into the category of “based on the many years they have had to be nice to ignorant and incompetent males” referenced above.
Nah, it was just silliness
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Yes it’s just silliness.

Unless you’re the object of unwanted attention and ‘flattery’. Then it’s more sickening. Most women endure this for decades until middle age renders them largely invisible to this common practice of many men. A lot of tongue biting and false smiling gets them through it.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:55 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:32 pm
Just the same way we nice old men can get away with grinning at good-looking young 'un and say "Gee honey. You're an awful cute one, yessir, no doubt about it"
That would fall into the category of “based on the many years they have had to be nice to ignorant and incompetent males” referenced above.
Yeah, that's our BSG all right.  Receive a compliment and immediately snap back with "I ain't no cute one, I'm a nasty, ugly bitch with a stick jammed cross-wise up my ⃥ ⃥c⃥*⃥*⃥*⃥  ass, so just go toddle off and fuck yourself."
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:26 pm
Yes it’s just silliness.

Unless you’re the object of unwanted attention and ‘flattery’. Then it’s more sickening. Most women endure this for decades until middle age renders them largely invisible to this common practice of many men. A lot of tongue biting and false smiling gets them through it.
Well, I disagree. "Most women" don't get such remarks at all because most women aren't worth looking at. EXACTLY like most men.

PS this also was satirical
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:27 am
BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:26 pm
Yes it’s just silliness.

Well, I disagree. "Most women" don't get such remarks at all because most women aren't worth looking at. EXACTLY like most men.

PS this also was satirical
This made me want to bite off your head and shit down your neck (an old saying from my military father), so I refrained from replying to give myself time to cool off and then forgot about it entirely.

But seriously, what a stupid response. If only the prettiest girls attracted the sexual interest of men (most of whom are very average themselves), then the birth rate would be much, much lower.

Women of average attractiveness with breasts and vagina get sexually objectified by men in all areas of their lives from prepubescence (sometimes sickeningly even earlier) until middle age, routinely. Even happens to less than average attractive women. It’s not about appreciation of the most attractive specimens of the gender (wtf is that, anyway?), it’s about some heterosexual men behaving with disgusting lack of restraint in expressing their sexual desires to any remotely fuckable female in their orbit.

Seriously, do you live on this planet? How do you not ‘get’ this? Most reasonable men do.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Methuselah

Belated response on Smitty

Post by Methuselah »

I was wrong about who Smity really was. I thought it was George Smith. He uses a couple of Usernames elsehere that include words like Montana. He is still accessible elsewhere. I'll do some recruiting of him.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:08 pm
Even happens to less than average attractive women.
Not by me it doesn't. But since you raise it, what do you mean by "less than average attractive women"? "splain Roocy!"

Still in satirical mode (I'm taking the piss)

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:roll:
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: Belated response on Smitty

Post by Econoline »

Methuselah wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:35 pm
I was wrong about who Smity really was. I thought it was George Smith. He uses a couple of Usernames elsehere that include words like Montana. He is still accessible elsewhere. I'll do some recruiting of him.
IIRC he used the handle "MTSmiths" while he was living in Montana (BSG was BigSkyGal when she was in Montana) but I think he's now retired and living in Hawai'i (on the Big Island) full-time. I see his picture in with the "People You May Know" on Facebook. I think it'd be great if he started posting here. And did you say you you'd been in contact with Stump? He's someone else who'd be good to have around here.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

I'll try, Eco. I'm doing so many things here I might scare them away by accident, but those two guys are worth the time and bother to recruit. I need some more friends here.

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

I found MTSmith on FB, and have sent an invite to him. I forget Stump's real name (Danial something?) but I have seen him on FB. If anyone knows his real name, or better yet his email address, please send me a PM. Thuse
PS: Has anyone recruited Robin Barr? I have her email addy that I"ll PM to you.

PPS: My best recollection for Stump is now [censored]. There a bunch of guys with that name, can't figure out which one. If you have a clue PM me.
Last edited by Methuselah on Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You could try nay being an insufferable asshole
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Please stop posting people’s real names here. It is not fair, and an invasion of their privacy. That’s just another of our conventions that you ignore and continue to violate (I’m sure willfully and stubbornly).

I am and have been in touch with all of those people off line, for the last decade, at least. They have not wanted to participate here (most dropped from LeChat, too).

Lots of us have given you suggestions and ideas, and posted the information you ask about on repeat (like how this place is financed). Instead of engaging productively, you have turned that around and called us bullies and other names. I suggest you pull out your dictionary and re-check some definitions.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

I won't start an argument now. Thanks for the advice. Are Stump and Montana something allowed? If you have Stump's email address I haven't found him on FB yet. We go way back, and have had some common experiences.

dales

Post by dales »

Lots of us have given you suggestions and ideas, and posted the information you ask about on repeat (like how this place is financed). Instead of engaging productively, you have turned that around and called us bullies and other names. I suggest you pull out your dictionary and re-check some definitions.
Fat chance.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

Dales, are you a retired English teacher? Thanks for pointing out my many writing errors. It will make me a better Newbie. Thuse
Last edited by Methuselah on Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Stump left LCH of his own accord and did not look back. I was saddened that he left, or more precisely I was saddened by the atmosphere which caused him to leave, but it was his choice. If he wanted to find us again he, no question, has the intellect and available tools to do so.

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

Speaking as one who went through a long, baffling process to find this place and get login permission, it ain't easy. I'll give you chapter and verse later, Ex-Andy.
Last edited by Methuselah on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dales

Post by dales »

Methuselah wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:54 am
Dales, are you a retired English teacher? Thanks for pointing out my many writing errors. It will make me a better Newbie. Thuse
No and No.

yrs,
rubato