Michael J. Fox abides

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Michael J. Fox abides

Post by BoSoxGal »

This is a lovely piece on a cultural icon; I thought others in my age range would enjoy reading.

Michael J Fox: ‘Every step now is a frigging math problem, so I take it slow’
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Re: Michael J. Fox abides

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes there was a piece in the NYT from a week ago - also occasioned by the publication of his memoir - which I saw this morning. He was never someone on my list of actors who would attract me to a movie, but he has borne his illness with grace and strength. He gives the credit to his wife. I recall when Rush Limbaugh accused him of hyping his Parkinson's symptoms. I hope the day comes that the great majority of us recognizes that being accused by Limbaugh of something is a badge of honor.

Guinevere

Re: Michael J. Fox abides

Post by Guinevere »

Oh I want to read that book — especially as an optimist. I’m very interested in his take. Thanks for the share, had not heard about it before.

What strength he has.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké