Washington Post is having a sale

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Scooter

Washington Post is having a sale

Post by Scooter »

$1 for a three month subscription ($15 per month thereafter).

These numbers were quoted to me in Canadian dollars, not sure if this sale applies only north of the 49th.

I cancelled as soon as I registered to avoid being rebilled at the regular rate, but in the meantime have full access for only a buck.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Re: Washington Post is having a sale

Post by BoSoxGal »

You can get NYT right now for $4/mo. for the first year. New subscribers only, though.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

WaPo is doing a much better job at journalisming these days; NYT can be really infuriating in the way it presents stories. If you're a journo nerd and into the minutiae of language use in media, it's interesting/aggravating to follow Editing TheGrayLady on the Twatter (@NYT_diff). For news and issues re how journalism is done (as well as a fair amount of insider-y stuff about goings on in the media world), the Poynter Institute is an excellent resource.
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I stopped having NYT access in August when my $8/mo. 6 month promotion ended. I got WashPo access for a year for $29 early summer, so that’s my current primary journalism source until next summer.

I’m trying to cut way back on news consumption now that the election is over, but it’s a struggle.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Last spring the NYT had promotion after promotion hitting my inbox repeatedly, offering four weeks for $4. Sounds OK, but then it would have gone up considerably. I emailed their subscription department to ask why I couldn't have 52 weeks for $52, They recommended that the cheap way to do it was as a gift to someone, myself included. I gave it to myself for a dollar a week. So far so good. I hope I can give it to myself at that rate again when it expires sometime in the spring.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.