I weep...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

I weep...

Post by Gob »

A gang of wine thieves turned to the closest thing at hand when they discovered French gendarmes in hot pursuit of their van.

The burglars, who were making off with an estimated €350,000 (£317,000) worth of grands crus wines, began hurling their loot at officers as they sped down the motorway at high speed.

They finally abandoned their vehicle after smashing into a road toll barrier 22 miles (35km) north of the city of Lyon.

The thieves had had targeted the luxury Relais Château hotel, the Domaine de Rymska Saint-Jean-de-Trézy, 30km from Beaune in Burgundy and two hours drive from Paris, at 5.15am on Tuesday morning. They smashed open the door of the wine cellar before making off with hundreds of bottles of Burgundy wine.

The owner of hotel, which is set in nearly 200 acres of rolling countryside surrounded by woods and fields, was reportedly woken by the fire alarm going off. He jumped in his car and succeeded in keeping up with the gang’s van as it sped through country lanes before joining the A6 Autoroute de Soleil motorway south towards Lyon, while calling for reinforcements.

A patrol of gendarmes then joined the chase, but as they approached the wine-laden van, the thieves began throwing bottles of wine at the pursuing vehicle. Investigators say nobody was hurt and the bottles, aimed at the windscreen of the gendarmes’ car, missed their target.

An inquiry has now been opened and police say they are searching for at least three men.

It was the second time the five-star hotel had been broken into in two days. Just 24 hours previously, thieves broke into the domain and stole €200,000 worth of fine wines from the same cellar. That time, the alarm did not go off. Detectives are trying to establish if the two burglaries were organised by the same gang.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... give-chase
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

rubato

Re: I weep...

Post by rubato »

French thieves have class.

But they grew up in a country where you could not get a bad meal.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

rubato wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:46 am
But they grew up in a country where you could not get a bad meal.
Ummmm...not really. ;)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

rubato

Post by rubato »

Unless you want one, I might have said if I was being tiresome and was desperate to underline the obvious.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Hey — it's still just grape juice, more or less.

ImageImageImageImage
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?