Getting vaccinated

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
ex-khobar Andy

Re: Getting vaccinated

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I'm scheduled for Jan 27th at 6PM. I'll believe it when I see it going into my arm.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Not scheduled here yet, probably will get it before end of Feb.
LONDON — Post-Brexit Britain is leading the Continent’s vaccination race and has some lessons to offer.

With the rushed implementation of the Brexit trade deal causing bureaucratic chaos and confusion for many sectors and a highly transmissible strain of the coronavirus ripping through the country, Boris Johnson's government desperately needs a good story to tell. And while the vaccine rollout has been far from perfect, the U.K. is so far beating its former EU partners hands down.

The country has administered over 3 million doses to people across the U.K. since it began vaccinating against the coronavirus in early December, with more than 415,000 people in England having already received both shots required for maximum protection.

In pure scale, the second placed European country, Italy, is miles behind, with around 900,000 jabs. And the U.K.’s per population figure of 4.5 injections per 100 people — though well behind world-leader Israel on 24 jabs per 100 people — is double that of Denmark, Europe’s runner up on that metric. After the U.K., just eight countries among the EU27 have an inoculation rate of one per 100 people or more.

These are some of the reasons behind Britain’s rapid vaccine rollout.

https://www.politico.eu/article/8-reaso ... tion-race/
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

dales

Post by dales »

With the complete fustercluck vaccine rollout scheduled here in CA, I'll prolly won't get vaccinated until summer 2021.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m slated for sometime in February, not sure exactly when. Looking forward to March!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I've now got a vaccination appointment scheduled for March 1. Yippee.
GAH!

No Greater Fool

Post by No Greater Fool »

2/2 at 2PM

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

No Greater Fool wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:21 pm
2/2 at 2PM
I have a dental appointment 2/2/2pm. Different kind of jab.

Gob

Post by Gob »

No Greater Fool wrote:
2/2 at 2PM
Double Nelson!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I will get the first jab 2-11-21.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:43 pm
No Greater Fool wrote:
2/2 at 2PM
Shouldn't it be at 2:30?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

eddieq wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:43 pm
No Greater Fool wrote:
2/2 at 2PM
Shouldn't it be at 2:30?
Don't confuse me young'un.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

An oldie but goodie.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Woopie! I just got a message that a Delaware state web page will be open to register for an appointment tomorrow at 8:30 am. If past experience is any predictor of future performance, just trying to login will be a complete mess.

snailgate

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

The KY state page was a pain. It offered you all sorts of dates and times. Press a button to choose yours. Sorry, no appointments available. Choose another date and time. So you press another button and convince the site that you're not a robot. Sorry, choose another date/time. By the time I had been around in circles four or five times with blood pressure rising dangerously, I chose a very late in the day appointment, several days into the program. Whoopee, I'm in.

Your experience might vary.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I just got a notice today advising me the vaccine is available to me February 1st, but nothing about where to get it. I’m a state paid independent contractor without a fixed workplace, so this will be interesting - we’ll see how well Massachusetts has its shit together.

Very excited I might have a jab in 11 days!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I went looking for information, and this is all I was able to find out for myself and my wife (we're both 74):
DeKalb County Health Department
COVID-19 Vaccine Notification for Individuals

Please complete the form below to express interest in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. This will help us determine which phase of the vaccination plan you are in and when you may be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We will notify you when it is time for you to register to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
So I have no idea what this means in terms of the time frame for our vaccinations. Apparently you have to fill out the online form (which I did, for both of us), and then they'll notify us at some (undetermined) future time, at which point we can register to receive the vaccine, and then (presumably, at some—again, undetermined—future time) they'll eventually notify us to let us know when and where to show up.

So...I'm not holding my breath, but I'll take it whenever I can get it.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I just got a call from my doctor and I'm scheduled for my 1st (Pfizer) vaccination on Monday, 1/25/21 at 2:15 PM. I'll let y'all know how it went if I survive. I'm really surprised at this since I'm here in California and I just read this morning that we rank as the worst state in the country at administering the Covid vaccine.

dales

Post by dales »

You cut in line, Joe?

CA sure has screwed the pooch with its vaccine roll out.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I have no idea why this happened so quickly. I don't qualify for any special place in line other than being over 65. I have to drive over to the San Mateo County Fairgrounds.

That ought to be fun. I'm going to be surrounded by old people in cars. That's probably more dangerous than the vaccine... :D