Getting vaccinated

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: Getting vaccinated

Post by Econoline »

Silver lining, indeed. ;)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Just scheduled my COVID Booster shot for tomorrow (10/7) at 12:45 PM. According to my various anonymous internet sources that means I should be 100% magnetic and easily controlled by Bill Gates within the next two weeks.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Actually you are one of those whose control is being allocated to Melinda in the divorce settlement.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Scooter wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:10 am
Actually you are one of those whose control is being allocated to Melinda in the divorce settlement.
Too bad Joe, you won’t be hanging out with any underaged hotties with Melinda at the wheel.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm still waiting for the cheque George Soros promised to me for getting vaccinated.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

I'm still waiting for my booster invite.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The spoils of antivaxxer propaganda on social media and conservative mainstream media: mentally unstable man murders his neighbor, brother and sister-in-law because brother was a pharmacist administering the covid19 vaccine. Many lives devastated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-10067403
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Funny how the Daily Mail is an apt source when it's something you agree with.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:29 am
The DM on its own isn’t usually an apt source; this article was copied pretty much word for word from the Baltimore Sun source article, and is therefore absent the usual DM stoking of racism or misogyny or homophobia/transphobia that characterize much of the content published there.

And I wholeheartedly reject the notion that I ‘agree with’ triple murder spurred on by antivaxxer cult think. What a twisted assertion.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:06 am
Gob wrote:
The DM on its own isn’t usually an apt source; this article was copied pretty much word for word from the Baltimore Sun source article, and is therefore absent the usual DM stoking of racism or misogyny or homophobia/transphobia that characterize much of the content published there.
If you prefer...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-cr-burnham-follow-20211006-srubyenoujenvkd5igalidruwm-story.html
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Econoline wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:23 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:06 am
Gob wrote:
If you prefer...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-cr-burnham-follow-20211006-srubyenoujenvkd5igalidruwm-story.html
And the reason I didn’t post the Sun link instead is that I was attacked by numerous pop ups when I visited that link, it was difficult to navigate to the ‘read more’ tab that accessed the full story, and the piece doesn’t include the numerous photos of the slain victims of the antivaxxer cult member. I thought the article would be easier for folks to read on DM and since they essentially plagiarized the Sun article, it was better crafted than most at the DM site (you can easily spot the difference between articles they’ve lifted from other publications and articles their ‘journalists’ have authored fresh).
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Deleted
Last edited by Big RR on Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:44 pm
Scooter--I have never had an advent calendar, but I thought the point was that the calendar would put you in the mood to celebrate Christmas. The calendars I have seen were usually ones that had a different bible verse or some similar meditation every day, but I would think sweets savories, or even wine can put one in both a contemplative and celebratory mood (or either one of them). Hell, I got a mailing on a pet treat/toy advent calendar.
Big RR . . .! You just terrified me that I had finally gone bonkers. Kept hitting unread post to see what the latest vaccination was about and kept flipping back to advent calendars that I'd just closed . . . then it dawned . . . you've gone bonkers ;) :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I plead guilty; damn computer

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Big RR wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:10 pm
I plead guilty; damn computer
The defendant persists in deflecting responsibility. ;)
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

And the poor workman always blames his tools. :D

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I got my 3rd COVID Pfizer vaccine today at CVS pharmacy. I don't feel any different yet and it has been almost three hours. The guy that gave me the shot was Asian so I asked him if he was involved in the big accident in Wuhan that caused the pandemic. He seemed a little put off and said 'no' and then told me that the vaccines are given differently for different races based on some scientific gobbledygook that I didn't understand. I guess I missed all the details in all the confusion at the beginning of the pandemic.

Anyway, I didn't realize until today that the third shot is injected into your butt with a staple gun.

I feel fine but he told me that it would be normal for me to experience some discomfort for a few weeks, especially if I attempt to sit down.

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:

dales

Post by dales »

Still waiting for a suppository for my third dose.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato