Getting vaccinated

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Re: Getting vaccinated

Post by Gob »

Stealing that!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Justin Trudeau was slapped down by Downing Street today after claiming Britain is facing a 'very serious third wave' - with critics accusing him of a desperate attempt to deflect criticism over his own country's sluggish vaccine rollout and surging infections.

The Canadian premier referred to the UK's hugely successful drive, which has 60 per cent of the population given jabs compared to just 20 per cent in Canada, as he sought to justify keeping tough restrictions.

'Vaccinations on their own are not enough to keep us safe,' he told MPs in the country's parliament.

'We know for example that the UK is ahead of just about everybody else on vaccination and yet they maintain very strong restrictions and are facing a very serious third wave.'

But Tories accused Mr Trudeau of 'fake news', telling MailOnline he should 'butt out' and focus on his own problems. Scientists tracking the spread of the virus also rubbished the Canadian premier's comments, insisting the UK is in a 'stable' position.

A No10 spokesman insisted the 'case data speaks for itself'. 'I don't have a specific response for Justin Trudeau but I think the case data speaks for itself with this,' the spokesman said.

'Case numbers are down and ditto for hospitalisations and deaths and that is a tribute to our vaccine rollout and the work of the British public and the NHS.'

Conservative MP Peter Bone said Mr Trudeau seemed to be deploying a similar tactic to the EU. 'When they were in trouble on their poor performance of vaccination, they went on the attack trying to hit out at everyone and everything including the UK. Maybe this is the old saying, 'the best form of defence is attack' - even if there is no foundation to it.'

He added: 'It would sound to me, like with the EU, there's a lot of fake news in what he is saying. He should butt out of UK affairs and concentrate on running his own country, which he doesn't seem to be doing very well.'

Professor Tracy Hussell, an immunologist and director of the Lydia Becker Institute of Immunology and Inflammation at Manchester University, said: 'I don't really know what his fears are based on. I think clarification of that would certainly be useful. The UK is in a relatively stable position at the moment.'

Asked whether there was any sign of a third wave in the data, she said 'not at the moment' adding that hospitals have remained 'calm' and there are no clear signs of an uptick.

More here
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

First microchip implanted successfully.

I can only get AM radio at the moment.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:

Have you tried turning yourself off and on again? ;-)

No Greater Fool

Post by No Greater Fool »

You won't get stereo unless you get the 2nd shot in the 'other' arm.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Perhaps you need percussive maintenance. I rammed my head into the wall and picked up satellite radio. Or I saw stars. I keep forgetting.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Least Vaccinated U.S. Counties Have Something in Common:
Trump Voters

The New York Times examined survey and vaccine administration data for nearly every U.S. county and found that both willingness to receive a vaccine and actual vaccination rates to date were lower, on average, in counties where a majority of residents voted to reelect former President Donald Trump in 2020.  The phenomenon has left some places with a shortage of supply and others with a glut.

For months, health officials across the United States have been racing to inoculate people as variants of the coronavirus have continued to gain a foothold, carrying mutations that can make infections more contagious and, in some cases, deadlier.  Vaccinations have sped up, and in many places, people are still unable to book appointments because of high demand.  In Michigan, where cases have spiraled out of control, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, recently urged President Joe Biden to send additional doses.

But in more rural — and more Republican — areas, health officials said that supply is far exceeding demand.

In a county in Wyoming, a local health official asked the state to stop sending first doses of the vaccine because the freezer was already stuffed to capacity with unwanted vials.
In an Iowa county, a clinic called people who had volunteered to give shots to tell them not to come in because so few residents had signed up for appointments.
In a county in Pennsylvania, a hospital set up a drive-thru in the park, stocked with roughly 1,000 vaccine doses.  Only about 300 people showed up.

And in interviews with more than two dozen state and county health officials — including some who said they were feeling weary after a year of hearing lifelong friends, family and neighbors tell them that the virus was a hoax or not particularly serious — most attributed low vaccination rates at least partly to hesitant conservative populations.

(from the NY Times, but since they are behind a paywall I'll link to this — https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-vaccin ... 52992.html)
Maybe, if enough of them refuse to get vaccinated, the disease will run its course through their ranks and eventually reduce their numbers enough that they will cease to be a threat to the country....
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I believe next Saturday is my second dose.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I finally, finally, got my first vaccination.

I feel honor bound to report the adverse side effects I experienced. They were quite serious in nature.

First thing that happened is I dropped my wallet outside of Meijer, without noticing, and then when I got to the checkout line at another store with a cart of groceries, I had no means to pay. I went out and got husband and he went in and paid for the groceries. I then went to Meijer to see if my wallet had been turned in, it had I and discovered a CC gone missing. I called the bank and cancelled all cards. We then went to a diner for lunch. As we were leaving the waitress, (who calls us honey so often that I told my husband I was going to tell her I preferred to be called Syrup instead as we abuse bees by taking their hard made and regurgitated product and exploited them. He has asked that I not do so. I haven't YET.) called out that I had left my phone behind on the table. This is not normal behavior on my part so I must blame it on Moderna. I may sue.

dales

Post by dales »

You might have gotten a shot of Delysid instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Delysid&redirect=no

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:23 pm
.....I feel honor bound to report the adverse side effects I experienced. They were quite serious in nature.....
Don't leave home for at least a month after your second vaccine. You might become a public safety hazard. The day after my 2nd vaccination I filed my taxes electronically and then realized I had made an error resulting in my paying an extra $1000.00 to the IRS. I'm pretty sure that my error was caused by the chip that they secretly injected into me. Isn't it interesting how they are vaccinating everyone during tax season? And the stock market is at an all time high?

Be careful. Don't sign anything without it first being reviewed by an unvaccinated person.

Good luck.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:23 pm
This is not normal behavior on my part so I must blame it on Moderna.
Moderna does seem to have a higher incidence of adverse side effects, but maybe that is because most people who've gotten vaccinated so far are moldy.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Woke up at 4am aching temp nap sea. Could barely drag myself from bed to toilet and back. I feel worse than when I had covid.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Get well soon, don't have another dose... ;-)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Also get that nap sea seen to.

But hope all is well and gets better quickly
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I did a quick Google (and I'm sure you have done the same, TPFK@W) and the side effects for the first Moderna jab are mostly injection site pain and chills. Yahoo News had a piece from the Lexington (KY) paper which said that, for those who have already had COVID, the m-RNA vaccine may induce more severe reactions.

There is some early* research (Feb 2021) which says that if you've already had COVID you could maybe skip the second dose, because the antibodies you already have are effectively a first dose. The abstract (my underlining):
An important question is arising as COVID-19 vaccines are getting rolled out: Should individuals who already had a SARS-CoV-2 infection receive one or two shots of the currently authorized mRNA vaccines. In this short report, we show that the antibody response to the first vaccine dose in individuals with pre-existing immunity is equal to or even exceeds the titers found in naïve individuals after the second dose. We also show that the reactogenicity is significantly higher in individuals who have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 in the past. Changing the policy to give these individuals only one dose of vaccine would not negatively impact on their antibody titers, spare them from unnecessary pain and free up many urgently needed vaccine doses.
* I.e., early in the vaccine rollout.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Thanks for the info AndyX. I am much improved today which is a blessing because I was miserable yesterday. I so look forward to May 19.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Got the second shot yesterday
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Second injection obtained. Awaiting near death experience.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I don't want to alarm you but do you have a will and/or a trust?

Just in case?

Cheers!