BSG and @W

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
ex-khobar Andy

BSG and @W

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

We had - still have - a statement that one member wished COVID and death on another member. @W contracted COVID and has, thankfully, recovered.

I suggested in a PM to BSG that she should apologize. The tone of her response to me should surprise no-one; but she did make two central points. I don't plan to repeat her message but the salient points were that (a) she had been subjected to a decade of bullying from @W and (b) she had already addressed @W's false accusations the she (BSG) had wished COVID on @W.

I'm relatively new here (I arrived only after LCH folded in late 2015) so I have no knowledge of the history. I don't recall any excessive bullying during those five years beyond the disagreements we all have but maybe I wasn't paying attention. If it is true that the central accusation (@W's tag line) is false and is NOT a direct quote then I apologize unreservedly to BSG. I don't recall her addressing it as a false accusation but I certainly do not read every post here and my memory is not what it was.

One of two things is true.

Either (a) BSG made that horrifying statement which is so far outside the normal back and forth of a disagreement that it cannot be excused. Frustration at being 'bullied' is a reason, not an excuse. I am well aware of the effects of online bullying but none of us are 13 any more. There comes, or should come, a point in everyone's life where online bullying is just a shovelful of electrons.

Or (b) @W has manufactured a false accusation. It's one thing to misquote someone for comic effect or even accidentally (misunderstanding or misattribution) but if indeed @W's claim is made from whole cloth then she deserves censure.

Which is it?

BoSoxGal

Re: BSG and @W

Post by BoSoxGal »

What I said was that if the news was that she died of covid, I would not mourn. If the news was she died of ANYTHING, I would not mourn. I DID NOT WISH HER TO DIE. I will never apologize for feeling that way about someone who has stalked and bullied me for years, whether you perceive it so or not. Anyone with eyes can see that she starts threads trying to call me out, she mentions me repeatedly in threads I’m not even participating in and even if I have not replied to her for weeks as is currently the case and as I have attempted repeatedly over the years to no avail. Her obsession with me persists. I know I am not delusional because a number of posters have communicated with me about this by PM. Some of them are now dead and some are still activity posting; they know who they are and I’m not going to drag our PM onto the board because that used to be a thing we didn’t do.

Get the fuck over your controlling obsession to direct my behavior, Andy. You don’t like me? Don’t read my fucking posts. Don’t fix my pictures that post sideways and don’t send me anymore PMs demanding I lick the asshole of a cunt who has tormented me here, denigrating every single thing about me obsessively in post after post after post. Yes we all say snarky shit here at times but there is only one poster who has made it her religion for years to go after only one other poster aggressively and in the ugliest terms possible. If you can’t see the difference, and the idea that you STILL demand that I should apologize to someone who has treated me this way, you’re nobody whose opinion holds any esteem with me.

For the record, this goes even further back to when @w prank called Chicken Steve in Vermont and then let the CSB board accuse me for an extended period of time. At that time she’d befriended me and I had numerous PM exchanges archived at that board between us. One of the other things she did was to elicit information from me in the confidential PM setting then revealing it on board to attack editec which eventually blew up a real life friendship I had with his wife and that I really cared about. She’s really truly a cunt of longstanding and I have zero respect for her and don’t even believe she had covid. She’s capable of saying anything for her own aggrandizement, even something as pathetic as that.

Let me be absolutely clear on this. I mourn daily for the deaths of LJ, RT, Miles, Andrew D, and other human beings of quality who once participated here - even though I got into some ugly exchanges with them over the years (not Miles, he was too sweet). I mourn daily for 350,000 Americans who have died from covid who I’d toss coins are all better human beings than @w - at very least, they’ve never obsessively bullied me for a decade. If @w died tomorrow of any cause whatsoever, I WOULD NOT MOURN HER. Period. Just as I would not mourn the death of Trump or any other ugly bully.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

One of two things is true.

Either (a) BSG made that horrifying statement which is so far outside the normal back and forth of a disagreement that it cannot be excused. Frustration at being 'bullied' is a reason, not an excuse. I am well aware of the effects of online bullying but none of us are 13 any more. There comes, or should come, a point in everyone's life where online bullying is just a shovelful of electrons.

Or (b) @W has manufactured a false accusation. It's one thing to misquote someone for comic effect or even accidentally (misunderstanding or misattribution) but if indeed @W's claim is made from whole cloth then she deserves censure.

Which is it?
Andy--what difference does it make? What's done is done, and the way BSG feels and how she acts is her own private concern, not any of ours. Using your list of alternatives, what difference does it make if the dispute is justified in our minds second (and I am not saying it is, I do not recall any of the events BSG listed in her post, but then I was away from this Board for an extended period a while back)? It's clear that BSG has her reasons, and it is not up to any of us to judge them. And what possible good could a "censure" or other reaction accomplish? We are a Board of individuals who eah have their own ideas and react in their own ways. IMHO that is what makes us a board that I want to be part of. We'll never all be friends, and IMHO we don't have to be.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

"Andy--what difference does it make?"

We all have lines in the sand. I have frequently enough posted here in defense of wes and Darren because I believe that they are misguided, not terrible people. Wishing death on someone - despite the fact that it is just a wish and clearly not an action - seems to me to be beyond any reasonable line.

And BTW I checked: it is an exact quote (The Social Dilemma, Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:27 pm [your time might vary depending on your settings]) so @W did not make it up.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should apologize every time they say something which upsets or even offends someone. None of us are snowflakes.

Wishing death upon someone - and yes, BSG; you did not wish death in the sense of calling down the gods, but that's a distinction without a difference - is beyond the pale, to me.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

You have reading comprehension difficulties, Andy. It is absolutely not wishing death on someone to say you won’t be sorry if you hear one day they’re dead. (You are undoubtedly aware, like all grown up boys would be, that WE ALL DIE.) If you can’t seriously suss out that massive distinction, I’d recommend you ask for a cognitive assessment at your next annual. You’re not stupid, so something’s wrong.

Or maybe you’re just too much a whingy bitch you can’t admit when you’re wrong.

Now kindly fuck off.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Andy, please. Don't pursue this further. It's clear that BSG did not state a WISH, a HOPE or a DESIRE for @W's death. It wasn't a kind thing to say but it wasn't THAT. And it's none of our business, chum.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Andy--yes, we all do have our own lines and standards, but I suggest you not beat your head against the wall--people don't always get along and say things you may think are beyond the pale. But no offered, and unwanted, mediation, however well-intentioned, will do much to change the way people feel or what they say.
Last edited by Big RR on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Oh boy, nice one Andy, you've set the Proff off now....

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 pm
Cobra Kat season 4

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Well Ex Andy, you are not as clever as I took you for, starting a gasoline fueled thread like this. Are you bored or something? I am also quite pissed at being billed 2nd. My manager wants a word with you.

Only one other thing I will address:
when @w prank called Chicken Steve in Vermont and then let the CSB board accuse me for an extended period of time.
This is a lie, and all part of BSG's mental illness. She can either prove it or STFU.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

This is the first I've heard about a prank call to Chicken Steve by anyone.

Good ole Chicken Steve. If anyone ever deserved a prank call, it would be him....

wesw

Post by wesw »

well i didn t read the thread, but i did skim meade s ramblings...

let s face it they are both cunts.....

they have both ok d the use of the word too...

at least TPKwoman is sane....

that bs girl is fucking nuts....

imho

wes

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:53 pm

imho

wes
Is this where I get to say, "takes one to know one"?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

rubato

Post by rubato »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:58 pm
wesw wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:53 pm

imho

wes
Is this where I get to say, "takes one to know one"?
-"BB"-

No. I do not think that people with borderline personality syndrome, schizophrenia or extreme narcissism are better at detecting it in others.

It's a dumb cliche and should not be repeated.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

I actually read the title as "BSG and wes".

"There's a coupling who would bring on the four horsemen, I hope to fuck they don't breed," was my initial thought.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

rubato

Post by rubato »

Cat Fight Cat Fight!

Well ok they are kinda chunky and late middle-aged and that does detract just a bit. but its the thought that counts. I'll have a nap now.

yrs,
rubato

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

rubato wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:34 am
Cat Fight Cat Fight!

Well ok they are kinda chunky and late middle-aged and that does detract just a bit. but its the thought that counts. I'll have a nap now.

yrs,
rubato
Ruby, you are as sweet, fuzzy and lovable as you ever were.

I find it odd that you and wesw came back at the same time. Are you 2 in a serious relationship?

rubato

Post by rubato »

Not any kind of relationship. Don't know her name. Now I see how conspiracy theories get started.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

rubato wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 am

Not any kind of relationship. Don't know his name. Now I see how conspiracy theories get started.

yrs,
rubato