When memes collide

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Long Run

Re: When memes collide

Post by Long Run »

Guinevere wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:29 pm
744A4A01-9412-454B-8725-687E9116D9E4.jpeg

Gramps like us, baby we were bern to run.
Wouldn't this one be your favorite?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

He's been around for a while has Bernie.
143155615_4147885678559736_458216726888231962_n.jpg
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

142883432_10158184762237730_5746106791282823317_o.jpg
My mate Marin. :-D
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Gob

Post by Gob »

Our European visitors are important to us.
This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

From @W's link -
MyWabashValley.com

About those wooly mittens that U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders wore to the presidential inauguration, sparking endless quirky memes across social media? They’ve helped to raise $1.8 million in the last five days for charitable organizations in Sanders’ home state of Vermont, the independent senator announced Wednesday.

The sum comes from the sale of merchandise with the Jan. 20 Agence France-Presse image of him sitting with his arms and legs crossed, clad in his brown parka and recycled wool mittens.

Sanders put the first of the so-called “Chairman Sanders” merchandise, including T-shirts, sweatshirts and stickers, on his website Thursday night and the first run sold out in less than 30 minutes, he said. More merchandise was added over the weekend and sold out by Monday morning, he said.

“Jane and I were amazed by all the creativity shown by so many people over the last week, and we’re glad we can use my internet fame to help Vermonters in need,” Sanders said in a written statement. “But even this amount of money is no substitute for action by Congress, and I will be doing everything I can in Washington to make sure working people in Vermont and across the country get the relief they need in the middle of the worst crisis we’ve faced since the Great Depression.”

Sanders’ mittens were made by a Vermont elementary school teacher who has a side business making mittens out of recycled wool. His inauguration look, the winter jacket made by Burton Snowboards, sparked countless memes: The former presidential candidate could be found on social media timelines taking a seat on the subway, the moon and the couch with the cast of “Friends,” among other creative locales.

The groups that will benefit from the proceeds include area agencies on aging to fund Meals on Wheels throughout Vermont, Vermont community action agencies, Feeding Chittenden, Vermont Parent Child Network, The Chill Foundation, senior centers in Vermont and Bistate Primary Care for dental care improvements in the state, Sanders’ office said.

Getty Images will donate its proceeds as part of the licensing agreement to put the photo on T-shirts, sweatshirts and stickers to Meals on Wheels of America, Sanders’ office said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

143419236_10158196962327730_5788286205404268276_o.jpg

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Lol
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Even then he was already old.
GAH!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The end of the sightings:

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Stolen!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

143179004_426857918631067_8699751184654031022_n.jpg

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

$1.8MM is a lot of money in a small state like Vermont. Keep it coming!!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Gob wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:56 am
He's been around for a while has Bernie.

...and he's on track to still be around for a long while into the future.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God