I got my $600 stimulus check today and I'm mad as hell

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Jarlaxle

Re: I got my $600 stimulus check today and I'm mad as hell

Post by Jarlaxle »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:03 pm
Maybe, maybe not. But no one is telling the market to cut its prices. No one is telling the taxis, buses, etc. to reduce their fares. No one is telling the utilities to reduce their charges. No one is insisting that physicians treat people for free. People have had their accounts siezed, autos repossessed... in this time. So how are the landlords he only sector to come out unscathed--even if you can evict the tenant, it is pretty unlikely (at least in most rental markets) that you would see a penny of back rent in a civil suit.
Notably, the property tax bills have till come due! So have the water bills, and the sewer bills, and the insurance.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:43 pm

My cousin and his wife are going to lose their life savings...both unemployed, and the duplex they bought hasn't brought in a dollar of rent in at least six months.
If they voted for Trump they bought this shitstorm themselves. He and the GOP were lined up to give them nothing.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

rubato wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:47 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:43 pm

My cousin and his wife are going to lose their life savings...both unemployed, and the duplex they bought hasn't brought in a dollar of rent in at least six months.
If they voted for Trump they bought this shitstorm themselves. He and the GOP were lined up to give them nothing.

yrs,
rubato
You're so full of shit your breath stinks.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:22 pm

You're so full of shit your breath stinks.

But what I said about Trump was true. Nya Nya. Voting for Trump when you are poor is as dumb as using gorilla glue on your hair.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

rubato wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:39 am

But what I said about Trump was true. Nya Nya. Voting for Trump when you are poor is as dumb as using gorilla glue on your hair.

yrs,
rubato
Look, Ozzie...I get that you are a nasty, spiteful little turd with the maturity level of a spoiled preteen. I also get that you aren't too bright, so I will try to explain this using simple words: Donald Trump had nothing to do with it. The problem is-entirely-the state governor. Reread that until it sinks in.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Trump, and the GOP, opposed giving any more stimulus checks and blocked legislation as long as they could. Biden and the new Democratic senate pushed it through. Simple, even for a tow truck driver.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

rubato wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:37 am
Trump, and the GOP, opposed giving any more stimulus checks and blocked legislation as long as they could. Biden and the new Democratic senate pushed it through. Simple, even for a tow truck driver.

yrs,
rubato
I knew you were never the sharpest spoon in the drawer, but I still overestimated your brainpower, Ozzie. One more time, for the slowest child in the class: It's not the stimulus. That makes no real difference to them. The problem is the fact we are now eleven months into the "two to three week" shutdown, and they cannot throw the deadbeats out of their rental property. Keep rereading that until it sinks in.