Get your snow off my lawn!!

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Get your snow off my lawn!!

Post by Gob »

A feuding neighbor shot a couple with a handgun before fetching an AR-15-style rifle from his home to kill them, after an apparent argument over the couple shoveling snow into his yard.

Disturbing video has emerged showing the Pennsylvania couple yelling obscenities at the neighbor, before the man grabs a gun and fatally shoots the husband and wife in the middle of the street.

The gunman, Jeffrey Spaide, 47, then took his own life as cops closed in.

The violent incident took place at the height of Monday's Nor'easter storm in Plains Township in the suburbs of Scranton, claiming the lives of James Goy, 50, and his wife, 48-year-old Lisa Goy.

Prosecutors in Pennsylvania have officially ruled the deadly triple shooting a murder-suicide.

The argument appears to have been sparked after the victims dumped snow into their neighbor's yard while clearing their cars.

Spaide asked the pair to stop, which prompted James Goy to throw aside the tool he was using to clean his car, walk up to his neighbor in the street and make a fist at him.

Surveillance video from the scene shows the Goys yelling at Spaide and calling him a 'mother******' and a 'p****.'

Spaide goes back into his house as the Goys continue cursing at him. In the video, James is heard yelling at the neighbor 'I'll knock your a** out' and 'I'll make your life a living hell.'

Moments later, Spaide emerges from his residence holding a pistol, but the Goys carry on with the verbal abuse and seemingly challenge him to shoot, with Lisa yelling, 'Go ahead! Go ahead!'

James and Lisa initially do not react and remain standing as Spaide opens fire on them. He squeezes off multiple rounds from close range, striking both victims and causing them to collapse to the snow-covered ground.

The gunman then goes back into his house to get an AR-15-style rifle, which he uses to shoot his neighbors again, killing both in the middle of the street.

Video on page
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Get your snow off my lawn!!

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Goys vs Spaides. What else?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Goys vs Spaides. What else?
Just so long as you leave *us* out of it.
GAH!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:funee: :ok :lol:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:D :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

This is horrifying.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

No doubt, but this tragedy looks like it was years in the making.
Neighbors told investigators that Spaide and the Goys had been engaged in a long-running feud that reached a boiling point on the snowiest day of the year.

"The Goys were shoveling the snow from their parking spots, shoveling the snow across the road, and throwing the snow onto Spaide’s property," Salavantis and Binker said in their statement.

Witnesses told investigators that Spaide asked the couple to stop, sparking a heated exchange of words. James Goy apparently threw a tool at Spaide that he had been using to clear snow from his car, according to the statement. When James Goy approached Spaide with a raised fist, Spaide reportedly retreated into his house and fetched a gun, the officials said.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Long Run wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:29 pm
Yeah, you could tell they knew each other well cuz they even had little pet names for each other.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Long Run wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:29 pm
Guess they drifted apart.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Icy what you did there....

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Frozen Stiff III?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

You guys are mocking and making fun of the actual murders of two actual people and the actual suicide of an actual murderer, but you think it’s icky that Gob and Long Run and I laughed at Touch of Cloth.

That’s fucked up. :loon
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Remember how I supported your argument that you didn't express an actual wish for someone to die?

Well, we are not mocking actual murder and actual suicide. And I did not think it icky that you, LR, Gob and Uncle Tom Cobbley laughed at Touch of Cloth.

I thought it disgusting that you (or anyone else) would believe the idea of a man incestuously molesting his daughter's corpse* was a fit subject for televisual humorosity.

I still do.

*or any corpse for that matter

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Several of the posts in this thread are mocking this actual double murder, the victims, and the killer.

No room to judge, sorry.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Could be worse...
Megyn Kelly is leading criticism of a Los Angeles Times columnist who compared her neighbors to Nazi sympathizers and Hezbollah because they backed Donald Trump.

The Brooklyn-based author, Virginia Heffernan, wrote in Friday's paper that the 'Trumpites' next door to their 'pandemic getaway' in upstate New York had plowed her drive after a snow storm.

'Of course, on some level, I realize I owe them thanks — and, man, it really looks like the guy back-dragged the driveway like a pro — but how much thanks?' she wrote.

Heffernan, 51, worked from 2003 at The New York Times as a television critic, before specializing in the internet and online culture.

From 2008 to 2012 she wrote 'The Medium,' a weekly column about internet culture, for The New York Times Magazine.

She left The New York Times to work as national correspondent at Yahoo News, and work for a San Francisco venture capital firm, before returning to write freelance for publications such as Wired, Politico and The Wall Street Journal.

She co-hosted Slate's podcast chronicling the past four years, Trumpcast, and on Friday wrote about her struggle to accept the kindness of her Trump-supporting neighbors.

'Hezbollah, the Shiite Islamist political party in Lebanon, also gives things away for free,' she noted, detailing how 'they also demand devotion to their brutal, us-versus-them anti-Sunni cause.'

She gave the example of the Nation of Islam leader, Louis Farrakhan, famously anti-Semitic but, to his followers, 'unfailingly magnanimous.'

And she told of the wealthy French family she stayed with as a teenager, who refused to join in the 100th birthday commemorations for Charles de Gaulle, who freed his country from Nazi Germany, but had on their walls portraits of Philippe Petain, the Nazi collaborator.

She concluded: 'My neighbors supported a man who showed near-murderous contempt for the majority of Americans. They kept him in business with their support.

'But the plowing.'

She added: 'Free driveway work, as nice as it is, is just not the same currency as justice and truth.'

Heffernan said she was 'not ready to knock on the door with a covered dish yet.'

She did not specify where she was, but has frequently written about her experiences in upstate New York, having left Brooklyn when the pandemic broke out.

Her article sparked a furious backlash online.

'This woman compares her Trump-supporting neighbors, who plowed her driveway, to Nazi sympathizers & Hezbollah & wrestles w/whether to show them any kindness since she 'can't give them absolution,'' said Kelly, the former Fox News anchor.

'Note to Virginia Heffernen's neighbors: don't plow again.'

Tucker Carlson mocked her on his Monday night show, saying: 'Virginia Heffernan, in charge of justice and truth.

'There's something deep about this, very revealing about the state of the country.'

His guest, Greg Gutfeld, said: 'I can't work out if this is real.'

'I want to know how the neighbors feel. I volunteer myself to go and interview them,' he said.

Gutfeld called her 'worse than an idiot'.

'She's a spiteful, mean person to look at people with a political lens like that, and dehumanize them.

'And under this phony guise - this article was about unification - she calls them Nazis. It's like a Trojan horse.'

Carlson said that it revealed 'ideology is much more important than human kindness'.

Others on Twitter were equally fierce in their criticism.

'This is satire, right?' said one man. 'Take a freaking BREATH!'

Another questioned Heffernan's priorities, saying: 'Maybe don't let politics rule your life?'

A third concluded: 'This column says a lot more about your character than your neighbors.

'I'm very happy that you and your judgmental attitude are not my neighbor.'
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

If it were me I might try to find a way to give her the snow back.