Gorilla Got a Hold on Her

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

Gorilla Got a Hold on Her

Post by Joe Guy »

She used Gorilla Glue as hairspray. After 15 washes and a trip to the ER, it still won't budge.

Tessica Brown made a terrible mistake.

She was out of her favorite hair spray and substituted with Gorilla Spray Adhesive - from the Gorilla Glue company, which makes heavy-duty adhesives for bonding metal, ceramics and stone. Her hair has been in the same slicked-down style for about a month.

Brown, 40, exploded into Internet fame last week when she posted her saga to TikTok. She gained a massive following, more than 415,000, as she shared several attempts to free her hair from the bonds of Gorilla Glue.

In that first video, Brown vigorously rubbed at her hair. Her side-parted, carefully smoothed style tapered to an extension braid. There was not a single flyaway in sight, and her hair didn't budge.

"I washed my hair 15 times and it. Don't. Move." she said, accentuating each word with a clap. "If you ever run out of Got2B glued spray, don't ever ever use this unless you want your hair to be like that forever."

That video has 19 million views and counting since she posted it last week, and her plight has stretched beyond TikTok to the rest of the social mediasphere. People have mocked her, expressed concern for her health and offered solutions for how she should get rid of one of the most powerful adhesives on the market atop her scalp.

In a subsequent post, she lathered shampoo on her inflexible strands. Her hair emerged unchanged.

"This is the life that I guess I'm going to have to live," she said, suppressing a sob. When people realized that Brown had not pulled a big fake for attention, the concern started pouring in, along with a new nickname: #gorillagluegirl.

TikTok and Twitter users have been anxious for updates.

Brown took some advice from her growing audience: She slathered coconut oil and olive oil on her strands, covered it with a plastic cap and left it overnight.

It was an "epic fail" to get rid of her "forever ponytail," she said.

Gorilla Glue told TMZ that rubbing alcohol, a gentle combing and a delicate shampoo would likely be the best solution for Brown. Based on what she has shared, it seems unlikely that those suggestions would work for her.

"We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best," Gorilla Glue tweeted, along with a warning that the glue is "not indicated for use in or on hair."

Brown didn't respond to multiple requests for comment.

By Saturday, Brown's lightheartedness faded when she revealed that she sought treatment at St. Bernard Parish Hospital in Chalmette, La.

She was sent home with sterilizing water and acetone wipes - commonly used for removing nail polish.

On Sunday, she updated her accounts to show that she had started the process of trying to remove what is presumably one of the worst mistakes of her life. Brown winced in pain as a woman applied the products to her scalp with gloved hands.

Sterile water has been treated in a way to make sure no microorganisms can be a source of infection, especially if the glue is causing irritation that could break down the skin and lead to an open wound, according to Jason Rizzo, a board-certified dermatologist, Mohs surgeon and research professor at the University of Buffalo.

Acetone, which has been used in some experiments on animals, can reduce the skin barrier and dry it out, he said.

Rizzo said it's not clear whether Brown will suffer scarring.

"Both the treatment and the Gorilla Glue are going to depend on how her scalp reacts," he said. "Not everyone has inflammatory reactions and not all inflammatory reactions cause scarring."

Brown could be experiencing tension on her scalp, and if someone is pulling on it in the removal process, it could cause some level of scarring, he said.

"It's not so much what's going on in her hair but deeper layers of scalp," he said, noting that the extent of her healing depends on how deeply her dermis and epidermis have been damaged.

The accidental TikTok star has set up a GoFundMe account that has raised more than $9,000 in the single day it was launched.

In a Monday Instagram post, she thanked friends and strangers for their support of her hair-freezing ordeal: "Please continue praying that I can get through this and keep my hair."
source

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Gorilla Got a Hold on Her

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Good thing I wasn't in charge of the response from Gorilla Glue about this.  My reply would have been more along the lines of
"You dumb bimbo, WTF were you thinking?  Shave your head; your hair will eventually grow back.  And I hope you take this misfortune as a learning experience, but I wouldn't want to bet on it.

I'd also like to advise you that any attempt by you to hold us legally responsible for your own dumb-fuckery will be vigorously opposed.  But if you think you can afford better lawyers than we can, then bring it on, bitch."
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

What a hair raising story.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

dales wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:20 am
What a hair raising story.
Very slick comment, Dale... 8-)

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Daily Mail says she's considering suing the gorilla.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... rs-ER.html

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I don't think her charges will stick.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Part of her lawsuit will no doubt include how racist Gorilla Glue is. Because she is about that stupid.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I'm glad she didn't run out of lipstick.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:39 am
I'm glad she didn't run out of lipstick.
I think it's a shame she didn't...
"Please continue praying that I can get through this and keep my hair."
"Oh lord, please bless thy massively dumb ass daughter, and give her the fortitude to live through this event which was brought about due to the incredible stupidity you have endowed her with. If, ion your mercy you choose to allow you followers to glue their hair down, please grant them a solvent to release it. For thine is the Queendom, the power and fairy stories..."
"The publication explained that even though Gorilla Glue states on the packaging that it is permanent, Tessica thought it was okay to use because the bottle said 'multi-use.'
TMZ reported that Tessica has hired an attorney and looking into her legal options against Gorilla Glue because she thinks the spray adhesive's label is misleading.
The front of the Gorilla Glue adhesive spray bottle says it bonds fabric, paper, wood, metal, and more. While the label states it's an eye and skin irritant, it doesn't specifically mention hair. "
Ah, the great American sport of suing someone for your own stupidity...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

As of yesterday she’s raised $11,000 in a GoFundMe to pay for her ‘treatment’. WTF? There is no treatment other than to shave her head and start from scratch. There’s no treatment for that level of profound stupidity - or scam artistry.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Head shaving only works if the hair isn’t bonded to her scalp.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That's true; my daughter (the hairstylist) says it may be very difficult to do anything for a few months until som e new hair grows out that can be shaved. and it is possible that the hair will not grow back much, if at all.

And Meade, while anyone can file suit, it is not quite as easy to win. I seriously doubt she has much of a chance in succeeding absent some facts I am not aware of. It does appear that the previous hairspray she used was called Got2Bglued, but that name is hardly the fault of the gorilla glue company nor is it an inducement to use their spray adhesive as a hairspray (although, for the life of me, I don't know what an aerosol spray adhesive would be used for).

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Spray glues are commonly used for crafts and art projects, repairing furniture and appliances, and mending leather or fabric.

Some spray adhesives are repositionable, allowing for detailed placement. Most sprays dry clear and won’t bleed through or cause wrinkling on paper applications.

Spray glues can be used for bonding wood, metal, acrylic, foam, fabric, cardboard, leather, corkboard, glass, foil, rubber, and many plastics. Some spray glues aren’t recommended for exposure to high temperatures or humidity, so be sure to check before using it on an outdoor item.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Thanks BSG.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:56 pm
And Meade, while anyone can file suit, it is not quite as easy to win.
Er, I only posted a lame remark about lipstick???? :shrug :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:26 am

Er, I only posted a lame remark about lipstick???? :shrug :lol:
You don’t look much like @W but you might be mistaken for her from a certain angle.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

A response would be beneath me

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Me culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

liberty

Post by liberty »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:32 am
Daily Mail says she's considering suing the gorilla.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... rs-ER.html
She might win her lawsuit in a liberal community. This is so stupid that it sounds like something that Shit Head would do. Not only would Shithead do it himself, but the Shit Head would find in her favor in a lawsuit. I have used this glue it is very useful, it is a top of the line glue, but it not for the stupid to use; it is dangerous. But, guess what the home is full of dangerous stuff that is why you put safety latched on cabinet doors and drawers if you have small children around the home. I use chemicals all the time especially glues, but I very careful to not get any on me. I use safety glasses and sometimes gloves. There is no such thing as a good chemical only usefull chemicals and those too dangerous for common use. Of course, there are benign chemicals, but I don’t make that assumption.

Some solvents will remove this glue from her hair such as MEK, but she would more stupid if she uses it, perhaps fatally stupid.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:30 pm
A response would be beneath me
My handcuffs or yours?