Gorilla Got a Hold on Her

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Re: Gorilla Got a Hold on Her

Post by BoSoxGal »

Except for travel expenses to and from LA, she should either refund or donate the balance.

$5 says she already blew a bunch of it on a shopping extravaganza in LA.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:37 pm
It was offered to her for free, but I saw nothing which indicated she paid for it.
I didn't read far enough down into the article -- you are rights, it was free to her. Which means the point remains even more so, she should pay that gift forward by donating the Go Fund Me $ to charity (e.g., wigs for cancer patients).

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I think you'll find this works better. No wrinkle, too.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Maybe the glue comes from the Gorilla Trees?
Gorilla tree.jpg
Gorilla tree.jpg (15.17 KiB) Viewed 857 times

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:19 pm
Except for travel expenses to and from LA, she should either refund or donate the balance.
Yes she should give them their silver back.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:33 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Yes she should give them their silver back.
:mrgreen:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The irony is that she came unglued over this...

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

The Louisiana mother who sprayed her hair with Gorilla Glue has said she is donating $20,000 of her GoFundMe money to charity after a doctor carried out a $12,500 procedure to remove the adhesive for free.

Tessica Brown, 40, from Violet, will give the cash to the Restore Foundation, which helps those needing reconstructive surgery, her manager told TMZ.

Brown had started her fundraising page with a goal of reaching $1,500 to buy the wigs she was told she would need after using the superglue when she ran out of hairspray.

But, after the Tik Tok video about her plight went viral, Los Angeles based Dr. Michael Obeng reached out to say he could remove the adhesive without charge. She then flew to LA this week for the procedure that took four hours to complete.

As of Sunday she had raised more than $23,000 in donations, $20,000 of which she is now giving to the Restore Foundation, a charity which helps those needing reconstructive surgery and is the brainchild of Dr. Obeng.

The rest of the money will cover an ER visit she was forced to make after using the glue and her travel expenses to fly to LA for the surgery, her spokesperson added.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

BoSoxGal wrote:

$5 says she already blew a bunch of it on a shopping extravaganza in LA.
What a totally cunty post this was! I hang my head in shame and laud Ms. Brown for her generosity in donating the money to Dr. Obeng’s foundation, which provides reconstructive surgery in developing nations - a terrifically good cause.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Given the chance, people will most often do the right thing (Republican Senators excluded).
GAH!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:47 am
liberty wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:25 pm
Some solvents will remove this glue from her hair such as MEK, but she would more stupid if she uses it, perhaps fatally stupid.
MEK = methyl ethyl ketone. It's not hugely toxic but it's really a lousy idea, as lib - in this case, accurately - says. Gorilla Glue lists only acetone as a means of removing the glue. MEK is a ketone like acetone and probably would work to soften (but not dissolve) the stuff.

I'm not sure she has any recourse except to shave the head as closely as possible, hoping that most of the glue will come off with the hair. Soap, warm water and natural replenishment of skin cells will probably take care of it in a month or so.
Acetone works to dissolve Gorilla Glue-most people who work with it keep nail polish remover handy for that reason.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:41 pm
She should sue the hairspray company who clearly caused confusion (for her stupid ass) by using the word glue in their product name. This too should be the thrown out. She should then be ordered to wear a warning sign.
Settle for $1 if the company agrees to pay for her tubal ligation.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:44 pm
There will be no lawsuit in this case as the sole intended use of the product is clearly printed on the label: It is to be used for gluing gorillas, obviously -- not people, not hair, not hair to people or vice versa. Although frankly I never suspected there were enough gorillas in American households to make Gorilla Glue a commercially viable product. You learn something new every day.

What a bizarre mis-reading you have there.

Plainly it is intended for use BY gorillas! How many times have you gone to the zoo and seen some forlorn primate surrounded by broken pieces of his favorite Samsonite luggage? Shure, he's lost his favorite toy but even worse is the shame of having the zoo keeper chew him out for it. A little gorilla glue and alls well that mends well. Some things are SO obvious.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

Gob wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Ok, that's reasonable. But, fuck me, are they really expected to think that there were people out there dumb enough to believe that the two products were similar? Should I bring a suit against Got2BGlued for not gluing my tiles on?
She is an experimentalist, like Faraday! They don't always work out.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:29 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:41 pm
She should sue the hairspray company who clearly caused confusion (for her stupid ass) by using the word glue in their product name. This too should be the thrown out. She should then be ordered to wear a warning sign.
Settle for $1 if the company agrees to pay for her tubal ligation.
Maybe they can glue 'er shut (the fallopian tubes, not her twat).
Even I'm not that vicious.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?