Let it snow, let it snow let it snow!

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Let it snow, let it snow let it snow!

Post by TPFKA@W »

We got a huge snow last night! For the first time in years I am enjoying it because I don't have to go out in it!

I have a cousin who lives in a suburb of San Antonio. They have significant snow! Their dog had never seen any before and looks completely befuddled by it. She is from Wyoming and is likely the only person in her neighborhood who knows how to drive in it. Salt and frost means Margarita to most of them there.

Long Run

Re: Let it snow, let it snow let it snow!

Post by Long Run »

We had our worst ice event in 40 years, freezing rain mixed with snow. It was all a so what (working from home) until the power went out. Lights are back on but is anybody really home?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:47 pm
Their dog had never seen any before and looks completely befuddled by it. She is from Wyoming and is likely the only person in her neighborhood who knows how to drive in it.
Damn smart dog! :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Ordinary dog in Wyoming, typical befuddled people in San Antonio. (where I purchased my first Stetson hat)

snailgate

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

The weather has had quite the social distancing impact, and will slow the case rate. Of course, not too many people getting vaccinated.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:18 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:47 pm
Their dog had never seen any before and looks completely befuddled by it. She is from Wyoming and is likely the only person in her neighborhood who knows how to drive in it.
Damn smart dog! :lol:
She's not that smart if she moved to San Antonio. I love the downtown with the Riverwalk - been to lots of conference there - but I'd hate to live there.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I too enjoyed the riverwalk during a business conference. Conference over, I sat at a table on the Riverwalk, watching the boats go by and listening to free music from a nearby hotel. Nobody ever nagged me to buy more as I sat there and read on my Kindle and enjoyed the scenery. specially the building on the other side of the water from me, with the rats running along the gutter in mid day. have never seen that before, not even in NYC or Boston or Baltimore.

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I visited San Antonio for the first time as a neophyte visitor to the USA in 1973. Greyhound bus from Cleveland to SF to San Antonio, then Houston, N'Awlins, Miami Beach and Cleveland. All in ten days.

I wanted to see the Alamo. Walked around the town for quite a while before I found a white person to ask directions.

Not prejudice (at least, not the evil kind). Being English (and naive) I was anxious not to offend a Mexican- looking person by asking!!!! How silly that was. They'd probably have been happy to show me the site of their victory!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts