Gender reveled too much

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Gender reveled too much

Post by Gob »

This whole "gender reveal" thing, it's is all a bit tacky isn't it?
A 28-year-old father-to-be has been killed in New York after a device he was building for his child’s gender revel party exploded over the weekend, police said Monday.

Christopher Pekny was assembling the device, said to include a pipe, in the garage of his home in the Catskills town of Liberty when it blew up just before noon on Sunday.

State Police responded to reports of an explosion at 11:55am and arrived to find Christopher dead at the scene.

His 27-year-old brother Michael Pekny was also hurt in the blast. He was taken to hospital to be treated for injuries to his legs but is expected to survive.

The tragic incident comes just weeks after a man was killed in Michigan when he was struck by shrapnel from a gender reveal cannon at a friend's baby shower on February 6.

What set off the explosion on Sunday is currently under investigation, a spokesman for the State Police, Trooper Steven Nevel, said.

The device, according to Nevel, consisted of some kind of pipe that was intended to be used at a gender-reveal party later that day, but the nature of its explosive material was not yet known.

Police said that currently 'no charges are to be filed' in the incident.

Peter Pekny Jr., 34, the oldest of the brothers, told the New York Times what happened was 'the freakiest of freak accidents that I could ever imagine,' though declined to specify what set the explosion off.

He said that Michael is currently in a stable condition at a hospital in Middletown, said doctors had been able to 'rebuild' a damaged knee.

Both Christopher and Michael were 'very mechanically inclined' and 'could fix and do anything', Peter said.

Christopher Pekny, who was due to turn 29 on Tuesday, first learned that his girlfriend, Jennifer, was pregnant back in December. They were expecting a baby boy.

'He was really looking forward to starting a family,' Peter said of his brother. 'He was really starting to settle down and grow up.'
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Gender reveled too much

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Also vastly optimistic and premature these days
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:12 am
FTFY.
Gob wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:02 am
This whole "gender reveal" thing, it's is all a bit tacky isn't it?
I think it's awful. But I suppose it's one of the unintended consequences of advancing technology.
A 28-year-old father-to-be has been killed in New York after a device he was building for his child’s gender revel party exploded over the weekend, police said Monday.
"Gender revel"? Not much revelry there, I'm afraid.
GAH!

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

My neighbors are pregnant. They did a reveal party by throwing some kind of coloring and oils on the street in front of our houses and having their friend in his "compensating for something" pickup truck do a burnout until the pink smoke came out of the wheels.

I think the gender reveal parties are dumb and the escalation of ways to do them are even dumber.

We had a gender reveal with my oldest. It was called, "It's a girl!" called out by the doctor when she was delivered.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Homemade fireworks are pretty dangerous. I recall making them when I was in high school with a friend (another budding chemist); we never had a problem or accident, but years later when I worked with fireworks and explosives, I realized how lucky we were.i

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:12 am
FTFY.
:lol: :ok
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Yeah it can be scary learning learning about how the stuff you got away with as a kid could have killed you. I replaced the front frame on my car when I was younger and once I got into auto body structures I realized just how half assed and dangerous that repair was. (It did end up holding up well enough in an accident tho)
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

What kind of reporting is that? The article didn't say whether it's a boy or a girl.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Penultimate paragraph. Boy.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Oh shit. I guess they expected me to read the entire article.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Of course this wasn't a gender reveal party, nor necessarily a sex reveal party. It was an externally visible genitalia reveal party.

Just sayin'.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It was a point of reference reveal party.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 pm
No need for condescending attitude. ;)
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Tacky? Premature? Inaccurate? This all serves to remind me that I am an arrogant old fool. I think these reveal parties are hubris and driven by a selfish expectation that they will open a flood gate of presents for the infant to come sometime.

I became a father at the beginning of the general ability of prediction with more than a random chance of being right. At the same time there was a story circulating: An expecting parent couple are in the Doc's office togather and the Doc asks: Do you want to know if it is a boy or a girl?. The couple reply jointly: We don't care either way Doc, we just want to know if it is healthy.

Eventually the biological process proceeds til the Doc comes out of the delivery room and greets the new father (this was so far back the father stayed out in the waiting room). There the Doc informs him: We don't know what it is, but it is healthy.

IMNSHO, it is the ethical and moral obligation of the parents to accept joyfully that very announcement.

snailgate

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

And speaking once again about the pasted article, it mentions where a "gender reveal cannon" was fired at a party in Michigan and killed someone. At the time it happened I read about it and the article specifically pointed out that it was a baby shower and that the cannon was not being used to blow blue or pink smoke to reveal the baby's gender. It was just an idiot with a cannon.

Of course, I don't believe everything I read. Sometimes I don't even read everything I read.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Crackpot wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:03 pm
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 pm
No need for condescending attitude. ;)
Thanks for sticking up for me, Crackpot. I haven't been called "Boy" since before I had my trans-race change operation.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Too bad this guy had already reproduced before he claimed his Darwin Award.

Whatever happened to the days of passing out cigars —
even a bubble-gum or chocolate one — with a pink or blue band on it?

And of course, how would *you* like to be the little boy/girl who will learn, eventually, that the reason he/she grew up without a Daddy is because he was a damnfool who blew himself up trying to out-do the last person who announced "It's a boy" or "It's a girl"?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"Daddy loved you so much that he killed himself showing it."
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The good news:
'He was really starting to settle down and grow up.'

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:12 am
The good news:
'He was really starting to settle down and grow up.'
I think that means that when he was immature and unsettled he was known to blow up for no reason.