Gender reveled too much

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Gender reveled too much

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

He'd taken up pipe smoking
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

It's an orphan!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:48 am
Whatever happened to the days of passing out cigars —

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Gob wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:41 am
It's an orphan!!
That's hilariously sick!! :lol:

Gob

Post by Gob »

:-D
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Here's how to end "gender reveal" parties — make 'em racist, or anti-trans, or anti-gay, or somethin' like that, and the whole 'woke folk' fraternity will drop them like a hot rock.
Demi Lovato supports message saying gender reveal parties are transphobic:
'Refusal to acknowledge this stems from a misunderstanding'

The singer reposted a statement Friday, which read:  "This is not about being politically correct, it's about being correct.  The refusal to acknowledge this stems from a misunderstanding of what transphobia is.  Transphobia is not just prejudice or violence against an individual trans person, it is a belief system that presumes non-trans people to be more 'natural' than trans people.  Only individual people can self determine their gender."

She attributed the words to ALOK (who???), a gender non-conforming writer and performer.
(from her Twatter feed, reported on Yahoo.com)
Well, that settles it, I guess.  We should all know by now that some self-proclaimed celebrity who posts messages in 140-character increments and has hundreds of thousands of drooling mouth-breathers whose own lives are so pathetic that they are hanging on her every keystroke is, of course, endowed with the wisdom of the world and has all the answers.

Just goes to show that Trump and his crowd apparently didn't completely corner the market on idiots.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

"a gender non-conforming writer"

Would that be the "gender non-conforming liberation front"? Splitters!!

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:10 pm
Well, that settles it, I guess.  We should all know by now that some self-proclaimed celebrity who posts messages in 140-character increments and has hundreds of thousands of drooling mouth-breathers whose own lives are so pathetic that they are hanging on her every keystroke is, of course, endowed with the wisdom of the world and has all the answers.
TIL (Today I Learned) that these people are called TWEEPs. It was a clue in The Atlantic's Sunday crossword puzzle. (61A Thread poster, in slang. Sorry about the spoiler if you do that puzzle.)

Gob

Post by Gob »

A New Hampshire family’s gender reveal party was such a blast that it set off reports of an earthquake, and could be heard from across the state line, police said.

Police in Kingston, a town not far from the Massachusetts border, received reports of a loud explosion Tuesday evening. They responded to Torromeo quarry where they found people who acknowledged holding a gender reveal party with explosives.

The source of the blast was 80 pounds (36 kilograms) of Tannerite, police said. The family thought the quarry would be the safest spot to light the explosive, which is typically sold over the counter as a target for firearms practice, police said.

Nearby residents said the blast rocked their homes and some reported property damage, NBC 10 Boston reported.

“We heard this God-awful blast,” Sara Taglieri, who lives in a home that abuts the quarry, told the television station. “It knocked pictures off our walls … I’m all up for silliness and whatnot, but that was extreme.”

Taglieri’s husband, Matt, told the TV station that neighbours reported cracks in the foundation of their homes from the explosion.

No injuries were reported, police said. The person who bought and detonated the explosives has turned himself in to police. He was not identified.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I didn't know about Tennerite so I looked it up, it has a TNT equivalency of about 0.5 -0.67, which means a pound of the explosive is equivalent to about a half to 2/3 pound of TNT, making the 80 lbs equivalent in explosive power to about 40 - 54 lbs of TNT. That's quite a blast. It looks to be a lot like ammonium nitrate/fuel oil mixtures (ANFO, farmer's dynamite) and is formulated to make a big noise with a lower velocity blast wave; no surprise 80 lbs caused so big a blast. Apparently it's sold as a two part composition, which is only explosive when mixed together,and can be detonated by firing a high poser bullet into it. So long as it's for personal use, no license is required and anyone can buy the components and make it (of course, people can also buy and combine ammonium nitrate fertiilizer and fuel oil as well). If am to believe the cop TV shows, ammonium nitrate sales are tracked, but even if they are, I doubt it's in the region of 100 lbs or so.