Is Cuomo a creep? (it is certainly looking likely)

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Is Cuomo a creep? (it is certainly looking likely)

Post by TPFKA@W »

Should he resign? How many women must come forward before his party will call for him to resign?
And lastly, WTF is the matter with men who cannot, irrespective of the potential fall from grace, keep their conduct professional and keep it zipped? Their mouths and their pants.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Is Cuomo a creep? (it is certainly looking likely)

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:30 pm
Should he resign? How many women must come forward before his party will call for him to resign?
And lastly, WTF is the matter with men who cannot, irrespective of the potential fall from grace, keep their conduct professional and keep it zipped? Their mouths and their pants.
Just a reminder that I have said here (and elsewhere), on more than one occasion, that if a guy keeps his pecker in his pants he will avoid all sorts of problems — and was roundly ridiculed for having archaic views about sex and sexuality.  I was told that sexual expression and intercourse was just another normal human function, and that I was hopelessly out of touch with the times.

Maybe I was right after all?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

He's Italiano! There's nothing wrong with what he did. It's genetic and cultural.

He should tell it like it is and expose his accusers as the racists they are.

"If you don't like Italianos or Sicilianos, finda nother job-a!"

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:52 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
Just a reminder that I have said here (and elsewhere), on more than one occasion, that if a guy keeps his pecker in his pants he will avoid all sorts of problems — and was roundly ridiculed for having archaic views about sex and sexuality.  I was told that sexual expression and intercourse was just another normal human function, and that I was hopelessly out of touch with the times.

Maybe I was right after all?
-"BB"-
You just keep on being clueless.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Peckers aside, his comments and aggressive behavior toward his female subordinates is indefensible and in most companies woudl laready have resulted in his dismissal (I was on the sexual harassment committee in a company I worked for a number of years back and we fired a number of male supervisors for pretty much the same conduct). The guy is a jerk and I see no reason to give him a pass. Sadly, a lot of guys do exactly the same thing when they get even a little power (and it's often the reason they seek that power); the best we can do is show them there are consequences which might motivate them to reign in their behavior.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

What BigRR said. Oh, and TPFKA@W:
TPFKA@W wrote:
They already have. (Keep in mind that in New York, Democratic Party factionalism and in-fighting makes Game of Thrones look quaint and genteel).
Top State Leader Says ‘Cuomo Must Resign.’ Governor Says ‘No Way.’

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that honoring calls for his resignation because of unproven allegations would be “anti-democratic.”

By Jesse McKinley and J. David Goodman
Published March 7, 2021 Updated March 8, 2021, 9:55 a.m. ET

ALBANY, N.Y. — In a potentially crippling defection in Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s efforts to maintain control amid a sexual harassment scandal, the powerful Democratic leader of the New York State Senate declared on Sunday that the governor should resign “for the good of the state.”

The stinging rebuke from the Senate leader, Andrea Stewart-Cousins — along with a similar sentiment from the Assembly speaker, Carl E. Heastie [D], who questioned the “governor’s ability to continue to lead this state” — suggested that Mr. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat, had lost his party’s support in the State Capitol, and cast doubt on his ability to withstand the political fallout.

More
GAH!

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Yes he is a creep, and yes he should resign. #believewomen
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I've been seeing lately some Democrats (all men, BTW) saying that no, we can't take the risk of somehow winding up with a Republican NY governor, who will then pardon Trump from the NY state charges he faces.

:arg NO. Just no. :evil:

I'm still pissed off at the way Al Franken was forced to resign (without an investigation, for an offence committed before he was elected to office, while he was working as a professional comedian) — but having set that standard, Democrats have to stick to the same standard for offences committed by a Democratic governor while serving in that office. It's by no means a sure thing that Cuomo's resignation would inevitably lead to a Trump pardon, and if that were to happen, that would be on the Republican party, not the Democratic party.
Guinevere wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:56 pm
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

In other news, University of Kansas has fired football coach Les Miles because of inappropriate touching when he was coach at Louisiana State University. I'm not going to comment on that since I know no more about it than is in the CNN piece.

However, further down the page they quote from a report done at the time for LSU:
'One more time I want us to think about which scenario is worse for LSU," Alleva [LSU's then Director of Athletics] said in a June 21, 2013 email to incoming LSU president F. King Alexander, which is included in the report. "Explaining why we let him go or explaining why we let him stay."
If you had been christened Fieldon King Alexander, would you abbreviate your name as F. King Alexander?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Econoline wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:52 pm
I've been seeing lately some Democrats (all men, BTW) saying that no, we can't take the risk of somehow winding up with a Republican NY governor, who will then pardon Trump from the NY state charges he faces.

:arg NO. Just no. :evil:

I'm still pissed off at the way Al Franken was forced to resign (without an investigation, for an offence committed before he was elected to office, while he was working as a professional comedian) — but having set that standard, Democrats have to stick to the same standard for offences committed by a Democratic governor while serving in that office. It's by no means a sure thing that Cuomo's resignation would inevitably lead to a Trump pardon, and if that were to happen, that would be on the Republican party, not the Democratic party.
Guinevere wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:56 pm
Ecomo may be a liberal, but he does have a sense of honor and is honest, and is consistent. I Agree everyone regardless of party, race or religion should be held to the same standard. But it is a shame about Coumo he is one of few liberal politicians with guts.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Andrew Cuomo.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God