New member of the family

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Jarlaxle

Re: New member of the family

Post by Jarlaxle »

I've had a couple weird cats...Maya never got a carrier, she was just too big-she got a harness and leash. (If you want weird looks, walk a 29lb cat on a leash.) The biggest cat carrier was still too small for her. Vierna was the opposite...she went nuts in the big carrier. But she was fine in the tiny carrier the size of a shoebox. (Cat logic.)

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I've never met a cat that didn't like a box. Usually a carrier is another matter. I had to catch Paul (the fourth cat) for a vet trip this morning. He's been quite sickly lately. Lost a lot of weight, but he was too big at 20 lbs. The vet is puzzled. I got him in the top of the carrier, only to find that the end was not completely latched after his last trip. He was much harder to catch the second time. Leather gloves were a good idea. I can tell he's feeling much better, but the vet wanted to check him out again.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Valas is settling in nicely. He is currently settled in my lap, sleeping and seeming quite content.

Which is inconvenient, because I really want to plug in my phone and go to bed.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:29 am
Valas is settling in nicely. He is currently settled in my lap, sleeping and seeming quite content.

Which is inconvenient, because I really want to plug in my phone and go to bed.
Any pet owner knows, as do you, that moving a sleeping animal from your lap is immoral and quite possibly illegal. Hopefully you were able to charge the phone and get some sleep.

Thanks for giving this fella a good home.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:10 pm
I've never met a cat that didn't like a box. Usually a carrier is another matter. I had to catch Paul (the fourth cat) for a vet trip this morning. He's been quite sickly lately. Lost a lot of weight, but he was too big at 20 lbs. The vet is puzzled. I got him in the top of the carrier, only to find that the end was not completely latched after his last trip. He was much harder to catch the second time. Leather gloves were a good idea. I can tell he's feeling much better, but the vet wanted to check him out again.
There is a similar scene in one of the James Herriot books, where, when failing to catch a cat to pill it or crate it or examine it, the diagnosis delivered was "healthy." :mrgreen:
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké