Being white is a malignant, parasitic-like condition

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Being white is a malignant, parasitic-like condition

Post by liberty »

The Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association published a research article in May that describes being white as “a malignant, parasitic-like condition,” and a dangerous, discriminatory, and perverse mental condition.

Written by Donald Moss, an author and activist, the article entitled “On Having Whiteness,” explains that whiteness establishes an “entitled dominion” that enables the “host” of “parasitic whiteness” to have “power without limit, force without restriction, violence without mercy,” adding that it has a drive to “hate, and terrorize.”

Moss claims whiteness “easily infiltrates even groups founded on the protection of individuals, on democratic principles.”

While Moss opens his paper by claiming that “No clear path links my argument to that of my predecessors,” his article is not by any means the first time that scholars have endeavored to establish “whiteness” as an institutionally recognized pathology that requires treatment or a cure.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Re: Being white is a malignant, parasitic-like condition

Post by Scooter »

Once again, the village idiot proves he cannot read. "Whiteness" in this context does not equate to "being white". It is a way of thinking about race whereby being white is seen as being superior to all other races:
Whiteness and white racialized identity refer to the way that white people, their customs, culture, and beliefs operate as the standard by which all other groups of are compared. Whiteness is also at the core of understanding race in America. Whiteness and the normalization of white racial identity throughout America's history have created a culture where nonwhite persons are seen as inferior or abnormal.
See also:

What is Whiteness?

White vs. whiteness

I'm guessing that the village idiot will still not get the difference.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Unfortunately 'psychoanalysis' as it is now understood has brought some weird creatures out of the woodwork because it is so easy to appear to use its (at best) semiscientific framework in order to achieve a superficial erudition. Jacques Lacan and Michel Foucault are examples. Karl Popper called psychoanalysis a pseudoscience and that's good enough for me.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

There were several retrospective reports on Pres. Johnson's Kerner Report prompted by civil unrest 50 years ago. Unlike most blue ribbon commissions, they were directly charged with finding ways to correct the problem. They did. But the dominant powers within the USofA preferred the status quo and still do. Just look at all the hoo-rah about defunding the police and teaching the history of slavery in America. Objective, data-based proposals are rejected without real consideration.

More than one city in America has already proved first sending social workers is more effective than sending warriors in controlling violence.

Context is everything when discussing a text.

snailgate