What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MGMcAnick

Re: What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Post by MGMcAnick »

Plans? No, but I can tell you how it went. Our daughter, her husband, and his daughter are here from Houston. The plan was to cook the turkey in my "Big Easy Charbroiler". (https://www.charbroil.com/the-big-easy- ... r-17102065) Not my first time using it. Mrs Mc told me to get a HUGE turkey. The grocery list even had all caps. I sorted through the Butterballs and found a frozen 25 pounder. We were looking for 16 to 20 people, and like the leftovers. Six cancelled yesterday. It thawed in the cold refrigerator for three days. Still partly frozen this morning, I soaked it in hot water, still in plastic, in a well cleaned sink. The directions for the Charbroiler showed the time for a 12 lb turkey. I called their 800 number to ask about BIG BIRD's time. The nice Indian guy told me the basket in the cooker was only capable of handling up to a 16 lb bird. That never occurred to me. The basket looks big. My turkey was nine pounds overweight. That would make for a big baby. I was planning on a 2 to 2-1/2 hour cook time. Not gonna happen in the oven. So we stuck it in the microwave to start. Once it was a little hot, we transferred it to the oven to finish off at 165°F. Our local son and his family furnished all the side dishes. Dinner was only an hour and a half late.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Working. We celebrated on Wednesday at my sister's. First Thanksgiving without the matriarch, since my last Grandma passed in January. Small gathering.

My third customer gave me a huge plate when I got them home, so I ended up with a big meal tonight anyway.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I’m in Maryland with family, for a lovely traditional Thanksgiving, plus 18th birthday celebration of my big turkey boy! Took the entire week off and visited with friends in PA Monday and arrived in MD Tuesday to help my aunt do the prep work for yesterday. Today the ladies are heading out to lunch and the Gucci movie. Long drive back tomorrow morning, early.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day yesterday, regardless of how you spent it!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké