I don’t understand why this guy wasn’t charged with a crime

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

I don’t understand why this guy wasn’t charged with a crime

Post by liberty »

I don’t understand why this guy wasn’t charged with a crime . He had a right to be in the same town as she . He had a right to use the same road, but he didn’t have a right to be on her property . He should have called the police after he had gotten her license plate number and any other relevant information. He didn’t have a right to stop at her house and to pull into her driveway.

A35-year-old librarian was fatally shot on Saturday after she returned home from a hit and run crash and pointed a firearm at the person she allegedly hit with her car.

On Saturday, Sara Nicole Morales allegedly intentionally hit Andrew Derr, a 40-year-old motorcyclist, with a blue Kia that she was driving and then fled the scene, according to the Orange City, Florida, Police Department. The motorcyclists and other witnesses attempted to get Morales to pull over and followed her to her home, where she went inside and re-emerged with a handgun, which police said she pointed at Derr.

Derr, a concealed weapons permit holder, fired multiple rounds, striking Morales, according to police. Morales was still breathing after the shooting and was transported to Halifax hospital. However, she succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.

Before shots were fired, Morales yelled at the people who were outside her home that they were "three men" and "you followed me," according to a 911 call WESH published. Several shots are then heard being fired and the 911 operator asked, "What's that?"

The caller told the 911 operator that "a lady is shot" and that the "dude that got hit on the bike" was the one who shot her. When asked why he shot her, the caller said, "because she pulled a gun out on him."

A woman was fatally shot on Saturday after she hit a motorcyclist with her car and then aimed a gun at him in Orange City, Florida. Police stand behind a crime scene tape near the mass shooting at the Pulse nightclub on in Orlando, Florida on June 12, 2016.MANDEL NGAN/AFP

Morales' handgun was recovered on the scene and Derr remained there until police arrived. Police said he's been cooperating with law enforcement "from the beginning" and no one has been charged.
Orange City Police Department Lieutenant Jason Sampsell told Newsweek the investigation was still ongoing, but said he anticipated Derr won't be charged with any crime.
The hit and run occurred around 5 p.m. on Saturday and police described it as a "minor crash." Derr was not injured or ejected from his motorcycle, according to the police department.

The Orange City Police Department is working in conjunction with the States Attorney's Office to continue investigating the incident, according to Orange City police.

Morales' family told WOFL she was four- or five-months pregnant when she was fatally shot and that she leaves behind an 11-year-old daughter and a fiance. Derr reportedly told WOFL that he hasn't been able to sleep since the shooting occurred and that he feels terrible for Morales' family, but that he felt he had "no other choice" but to shoot her.

A police report obtained by Newsweek said Derr told officers that he believed Morales was going to "shoot him and that he was going to die."
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Sue U

Re: I don’t understand why this guy wasn’t charged with a crime

Post by Sue U »

More proof that more guns make everyone safer! :roll:
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m sure they had enough time to get the make/model of her car and a photo of her license plate too.

But vigilantism is so much better than calling 911 and reporting a hit and run.

It says she allegedly intentionally hit him before fleeing; what was he doing prior to that? I know I’ve never encountered any highly aggressive crotch rocket riders in my driving experience.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m thinking about situations like this, which are happening with alarming regularity - we have roving gangs(?) of atv/dirt bike riders terrorizing my city too, it seems to be the new thing in these parts since the pandemic began.
82-year-old man seriously injured in attack by dirt bike, ATV riders, police say

November 23, 2021

Massachusetts state police are looking for witnesses who might have seen "multiple suspects" surround and assault an 82-year-old driver and vandalize his car in Boston last Thursday, according to a statement.

Police said the victim, a Brookline man, suffered serious injuries and remains hospitalized. He is expected to survive.

Around 7:30 p.m. last Thursday, the 82-year-old was driving his 1996 Buick Century from Park Drive to Boylston Street, approaching the Bowker Overpass, when he saw 30 to 40 dirt bikes and ATVs approaching him, according to police.

Officials said the group forced the elderly man to the curb and several began smashing the windows of his car.

The man was able to drive away. He took the Bowker Overpass to Storrow Drive westbound with the intention of getting to a police station for help, according to the statement.

Police said several of the bike and ATV riders followed him and began kicking and striking the Buick again.

The elderly man tried to drive away from the suspects as he continued onto Soldiers Field Road westbound, according to police.

The victim then got stuck in traffic at the Cambridge Street off-ramp by the DoubleTree hotel in Allston.

As he put his window down to ask the occupants of another car to call 911, police said one of the male riders approached the Buick on foot and began punching the 82-year-old through the open window.

At the same time, other riders continued to kick the victim’s car, according to the statement. Police said one suspect threw a piece of pipe through the car’s rear window and another suspect threw a large rock through one of the windows.

Eventually, traffic began to move and the victim was able to make a left turn onto Cambridge Street in Allston, according to police.

Officials said the elderly man drove to Joe’s Kwik Market, where he got out of his car and fell to the ground. Boston EMS responded and transported him to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, police said.

State police are looking for anyone who witnessed any part of this attack, or anyone who saw the group of dirt bike and ATV riders. They are also searching for anyone who captured cellphone video or photos of the group or anyone who called 911 to report the incident.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The Village Idiot wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:44 pm
I don’t understand why this guy wasn’t charged with a crime . He had a right to be in the same town as she . He had a right to use the same road, but he didn’t have a right to be on her property . He should have called the police after he had gotten her license plate number and any other relevant information. He didn’t have a right to stop at her house and to pull into her driveway.
All very good points. Finding out where she lived and then driving right on by and calling the police should have been enough. And as Sue suggests, the presence of guns only made everyone eager to escalate the situation, with the predictable result.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Now, now, now.   From the reading of the original post, she's the one that committed 'assault with a deadly weapon' first by striking him with her car, and then adding hit-and-run — 'failure to stop and render aid', I believe, is the legal terminology — by leaving the scene (for the record, that's two separate offenses, at least one of which is a felony, that she's committed right there).   Maybe he went to her house, only trying to convince the woman to do the right thing and turn herself in.   But she comes out and ups the ante by pointing a gun at him.

Now remember, she's already run him down with her car, and now he's staring down the barrel of a gun?   Well, hell, now we've got the same scenario that Kyle Rittenhouse faced — fear for his own life.

It's an open-and-shut case.   Self-defense on his part, no question about it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

If I have a gun, and someone pulls a gun on me, I'll cancel their ticket then and there.

Pulling a skateboard is another matter.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Even if this gentleman (sic) did think his life might be in danger, if he'd not been tooled up he'd have just raised his hands, said "OK lady, I'm leaving now. I'm backing away. You don't want to shoot with all these people here". Suiting all his actions to his words he'd have vacated the property and walked away to call the cops. He'd probably have done that if he was holding a large knife, a bow-saw, a baseball bat or a photo of a Sherman tank.

How about she was frightened for her life and lifted her gun to warn him away? How about he was on her property at the head of a "gang" (as she might have viewed it). And if she wasn't tooled up, maybe she'd have called 911 and stayed inside the house, refusing to open the door until help arrived.

But she had a gun. He had a gun. And have gun, will use.

Sadly, not so with brains. It's all deadly dick-waving.

PS "three men"? Maybe "free men"? Where was this guy on January 6?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts