WORDLE – The Internet's Newest Favorite Game

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

WORDLE – The Internet's Newest Favorite Game

Post by Bicycle Bill »

W O R D L E

Players get six chances to guess a five-letter word.  Every time they guess the correct letter in the correct spot, it turns green.  Correct letters picked but in an incorrect position are highlighted in yellow.  The more letters the player gets right, the more information they have at their disposal, but their chances of winning early in the game depend on what the word is that day and which letters they decide to guess first.

Have fun!!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Re: WORDLE – The Internet's Newest Favorite Game

Post by Scooter »

Ooh, I got today's word in three guesses.

It's as much or more helpful to know which letters are not in the word, because that cuts down hugely on possible guesses. I had four incorrect letters in my first guess, but that was two vowels and two common consonants that I knew could not be in the answer. Made it much easier to zero in on the correct answer.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It took me four guesses to get it right but it took me a while to understand the instructions so I think I'm dumber than my score shows.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Fun game - my sister got me addicted last week!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: WORDe LE – The Internet's Newest Favorite Game

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I just discovered this today, so I'm waiting to see if the game will be restricted only to words in which all the letters are different, or if words that use the same letter more than once — DRILL, for example, or SIEGE — will eventually turn up.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Got mine on fourth try.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:04 am
I just discovered this today, so I'm waiting to see if the game will be restricted only to words in which all the letters are different, or if words that use the same letter more than once — DRILL, for example, or SIEGE — will eventually turn up.
-"BB"-
I opened your post since it seemed sure to be harmless, so I will tell you that yes, letters do appear twice in the same word. That was discussed in one of the articles I read about the game, possibly the link I shared.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Interesting. A kind of alphabet version of the old colored pegs "Mastermind" in which black and white peg responses showed if you had the right color/right place or right color/wrong place.

And it uses American "English" (so-called) spelling. :oops:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:56 am
Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
I opened your post since it seemed sure to be harmless, so I will tell you that yes, letters do appear twice in the same word. That was discussed in one of the articles I read about the game, possibly the link I shared.
It also appears that proper nouns are not in play.   I tried entering the name of a city for today's round and got a pop-up message saying it wasn't on the word list, so I was able to delete it and try a different one without it counting as one of my six attempts.
-"BB"-

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
Yes. The answer last Sunday (Wordle 204) was Gorge.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Today’s took me all six tries:

Wordle 207 6/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Six for me today as well.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Got today's Wordle on my third guess.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:33 am
Got today's Wordle on my third guess.
I got it on my 3rd try also. I was determined to at least match your score and got very anxious after missing with my first two guesses.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Did today's (16 Jan) in two.

How do we get the image without the words in it? Didn't want to post the answer
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes I like the image which Guin posted above - just the squares with no letters.

Two is very good.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Wordle 211 6/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

OK at the bottom is a button "Share". That copies this pic with no letters to your clipboard; you just paste it here. So I got this one in six.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:09 am
OK at the bottom is a button "Share". That copies this pic with no letters to your clipboard; you just paste it here. So I got this one in six.
I don't got no 'share' button :cry: