Bombogenesis!

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Bombogenesis!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:35 pm
Maybe if you actually READ what I posted you could answer your own question!
I did, but the idea that you'd rather make your wife crawl through a window rather than force your way through a snowdrift
... or go out the other side and have to either shovel our way around the house or wade through the snowdrifts, one of us would climb out the laundry room window, walk around the corner, and knock down enough of the drift to open the door ...
just didn't seem logical to me.  Not to mention that it probably isn't a bad idea to shovel a path from the back door to someplace else — like to the front sidewalk or the driveway — just in case something like a fire should happen and you'd HAVE to go out that door, snowdrifts or not.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Hoooooray! We get 6-10 inches of snow starting tomorrow night through Thursday. I am so excited!

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Just installed the new carburetor on my snow blower. The last two snows this season have all been manual removal (read "shovel"). Ready for the big one that's supposed to come this weekend.

Of course, depending on the timing, I may get stuck on the highway. I'm supposed to bring a mission trip to the airport super early Saturday morning.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:01 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:35 pm
Maybe if you actually READ what I posted you could answer your own question!
I did, but the idea that you'd rather make your wife crawl through a window rather than force your way through a snowdrift
... or go out the other side and have to either shovel our way around the house or wade through the snowdrifts, one of us would climb out the laundry room window, walk around the corner, and knock down enough of the drift to open the door ...
just didn't seem logical to me.  Not to mention that it probably isn't a bad idea to shovel a path from the back door to someplace else — like to the front sidewalk or the driveway — just in case something like a fire should happen and you'd HAVE to go out that door, snowdrifts or not.
-"BB"-
Well, no, I didn't "make" my wife do anything. We can get out the other door easily, but going almost 270 degrees around to the driveway entrance (other way is blocked by a hedge) from there would have required going through the worst of the snowdrifts.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Jarl- I appreciated the story. I really don't care about the literal truth of every word of it.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:17 pm
Jarl- I appreciated the story. I really don't care about the literal truth of every word of it.
I liked the story too. And can see a cat being, well, a cat.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Here in Northern Delaware, in my micro climate, It was just an annoyance. snow fell for about 36 hours, but less than 2 inches total while it was an official blizzard in Southern DE. Temp here will be above freezing for the next 24 hours, (tuesday, wednesday) However, I have family in Kansas City, Missouri and they tell me they are gonna get dumped on tomorrow,Wednesday so we out here on the central East coast and New England will probably get it again next weekend.

snailgate

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Long Run wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:50 pm
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
I liked the story too. And can see a cat being, well, a cat.
Me three.
GAH!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
It was literal truth...BB is just a prick, as usual.