Daily Mail readers slam BoSoxGal

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Daily Mail readers slam BoSoxGal

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:32 pm
It was huge news just a few weeks ago that the 2020 census was skewed badly on minority count because of hijinks in the Trump administration and covid impact on the process which ended earlier than originally planned.
Would that be the same Census which you referred to in this fashion?
You do realize we have a census every ten years and demographics is something that is studied quite carefully in this country?

That's the one you accused me of not researching and just making stuff up.

I'll say for the fourth and final time . . . I never wrote (and never would write) that any people at all are "insignificant". Nor was I commenting upon the impact of any people-group through history. I'm sure you know this is the case but it's obvious you don't care to deal in truth once you've got your prejudice out for a good buffing.

In terms of the US population, 12% or 14% does not herald a significant NUMBER in the eventual replacement of whites as the highest NUMBER percentage-wise of the population. Hispanics/Latins at almost 20% represent a more significant NUMBER, especially given the many millions who chose to self-classify as "Some other Race". I may not have a good grasp on this NPR story but it suggests the NUMBER is much higher. https://www.npr.org/2021/09/30/10373521 ... y-hispanic

OK done. You can have the last hissy-fit
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Best you get back to the homophobia, this one’s not going anywhere for you.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Perhaps fittingly (given BSG's sign-off) I returned to the board to apologize to all for using the word 'pervert' in that earlier post. It was a moment of petulance that should not have resulted in the use of such a pejorative. Just wrong.

Now back to your regularly scheduled whatever this is.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Well Meade By definition you would be a pervert since you have badly deviated from the original course of a Christian. Love thy neighbor and all that. I fully anticipate your vocal disagreement.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

No, it's a thought that occurred to me too. In one sense, we are all perverted (from our intended . . . mission? personhood? character? perfection?). I don't expect agreement on that concept. What counted was applying it to myself and acknowledging that whatever else is true, I was in the wrong there. I'm sorry for it.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Per lib:
'"There is no ‘gay gene.’ There is no ‘straight gene.’ Sexuality is just complex, study confirms
Science Aug 29, 2019 6:53 PM EDT
There is no single gene responsible for a person being gay or a lesbian.
Well I'm glad we've cleared that up. Hands up everyone here who said that there is a single gene which makes people gay.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

22212C3C-9897-430A-B743-48B77C211883.jpeg
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

In about 1943 did I have a woke mother? The post above about the caterpillar got me to thinking about my favorite books as a kid too young to read on my own. Little Black Sambo was one of my favorites. I loved to imagine the physics involved that would take a tiger running round and round a tree fast enough to turn into a mound of butter. My mother stopped reading it to me even though I complained that I really liked it. She explained that we could not read it any more because it was not nice to little boys in Africa. She was never able to explain to my satisfaction why it was not nice.

So we switched to the story of the little red hen with the repeating punch line "then I will do it myself" That one did embed itself into my psyche as "If you want to share the goods, you gotta share the bads

Snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:21 pm
And a few days (?) later Adam and Eve brought about the fall from grace. And Seth was made "in the image and likeness" of Adam, says Genesis - not God. So, we're not "the way God made us". (By extension, Cain too, was like Adam rather than God).
But also according to Genesis, Adam was made in God's image (Gen 1:26-27 – And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." ... So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.)*.

So if Seth and Cain were made "in the image and likeness" of Adam and Adam was made in the image of God, wouldn't Seth and Cain therefore also be in God's image?   It's not genetics, it's the transitive law of logic and mathematics ... if A = B and B = C, then A = C.

* — and that last phrase should also put 'paid' on the idea of just how many genders there are.  There are two.  Period, paragraph, and Amen.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:32 pm
That’s why I posted the Pew research which accurately reflects the growth in the population.
The U.S. Black population is also growing. In 2019, 46.8 million people in the U.S. identified their race as Black, either alone or as part of a multiracial or ethnic background. That is up from 36.2 million in 2000.1 The Black share of the U.S. population is higher today than in 2000 as well. About 14% of the national population said they were Black in 2019, up from 13% who did so in 2000.
The bit you quoted says it all... "In 2019, 46.8 million people in the U.S. identified their race as Black, either alone or as part of a multiracial or ethnic background."  There are two inconsistencies here.

The first one is disregarding the fact that someone who identifies themself as "...black, either along or as part of a multiracial or ethnic background" is also (part) something else.  This person may very well have, shall we say, identified themself as white, or hispanic, or Asian, or Native American ten years earlier, depending on what their other, possibly more-dominant ancestry may be.  You have, however, gone back to the old ante-bellum racial stereotype of "even a little bit black is all black"... and that just ain't right.  You probably also agree that Elizabeth Warren was justified in calling herself Native American because of a minuscule trace of DNA from a "23 and Me" test.

Go ahead, try to defend yourself on that one.   I'll wait.

Secondly is the concept of allowing someone to identify for themself.   Remember when that basketball player, Darryl Dawkins, claimed he was an alien from the planet 'Lovetron'? — that still didn't make it so.   But for your purposes, if someone identifies as black, they are black — no questions asked or proof demanded.  And that just ain't right either.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

"Secondly is the concept of allowing someone to identify for themself. Remember when that basketball player, Darryl Dawkins, claimed he was an alien from the planet 'Lovetron'? — that still didn't make it so. But for your purposes, if someone identifies as black, they are black — no questions asked or proof demanded. And that just ain't right either"

That bit of rhetoric is irrelevant, because the whole concept of race, as used in USofA generally and specifically in government forms, is totally whacko and without objective meaning.

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:48 am
So if Seth and Cain were made "in the image and likeness" of Adam and Adam was made in the image of God, wouldn't Seth and Cain therefore also be in God's image?   It's not genetics, it's the transitive law of logic and mathematics ... if A = B and B = C, then A = C.
Bringing out your inner Rand? :lol: You're quite correct that it's not genetics. It's also not physical. (Although there are interesting speculations over anthropomorphism as evidenced in another thread hereabouts).

The point is that humanity was created as one kind (in terms of character) and then was corrupted (or chose to be) - becoming another kind. Neither Adam nor Eve were God. B never did "equal" A. And C does not "equal" B, much less A.

I shrugged

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:23 am
Bringing out your inner Rand? :lol:
Never really read any Ayn Rand, although I am somewhat knowledgeable about her writings and ideology from other sources.  Back in my high-school years I got part-way into 'Atlas Shrugged' after coming across some obscure, long-forgotten reference to Wyatt's Torch, but it was a tough slog for a seventeen-year-old — even one as intelligent as I was   :mrgreen:   — and I never did finish it.
And then real life got in the way.
-"BB"-

liberty

Post by liberty »

I would like to express my admiration to BSG for her courage in entering the lion’s den in an effort to increase her grit. If you want to be emotionally stronger you need to toughen yourself up. And you don’t do that by staying in your safe zone. You make the iron stronger by putting it in the fire.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:50 am
I would like to express my admiration to BSG for her courage in entering the lion’s den in an effort to increase her grit. If you want to be emotionally stronger you need to toughen yourself up. And you don’t do that by staying in your safe zone. You make the iron stronger by putting it in the fire.
What with her admitted practice of blocking those people who disagree with her, or her frequent, often vulgar/obscene dismissals of those whom she does NOT block, I see her more as a poorly-made piece of pottery than a piece of iron to be forged and hardened in the furnace.

And if you put a deformed clay pot into a kiln, all it does it make the flaw permanent.
-"BB"-

Gob

Post by Gob »

liberty wrote:
I would like to express my admiration to BSG for her courage in entering the lion’s den in an effort to increase the attention on her.

FTFY.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:38 am
liberty wrote:
What with her admitted practice of blocking those people who disagree with her, or her frequent, often vulgar/obscene dismissals of those whom she does NOT block, I see her more as a poorly-made piece of pottery than a piece of iron to be forged and hardened in the furnace.

And if you put a deformed clay pot into a kiln, all it does it make the flaw permanent.
-"BB"-
Who was it that said,” The journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step"?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

25 upvotes, 897 downvotes

The only time I’ve gotten more downvotes was in pointing out the rabid attacks on Meghan and Harry in the Daily Mail comments section.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Urgent question for Gen'l Meade. Current experience seems to instruct me that copies of copies degrade from the original. So Seth was a copy of Adam who was a copy of God. Where did the image degrade, or consider: Does God have a belly button, and is it an inny or an outty?

snailgate

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Then again, printed and spoken words are often misread and misheard and eventually misremembered.

It might be that God created man in his own garage.