Daily Mail readers slam BoSoxGal

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Daily Mail readers slam BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

In response to a lead story about Disney’s intention to make 1/2 of new characters comprised of racial minorities and LGBTQIA, she comments:
BoSoxGal, Boston, United States, 10 hours ago
Why is this controversial? White Americans will be in the minority in this country in another 10-20 years. There is nothing weird or out of pace with reality in having a cast of a show be 1/2 white and 1/2 a mix of minority races and lgbtqia or whatever. Those who are bothered by diversity need serious soul searching. More pie for others does not mean less pie for you! There is enough pie for everyone if we just SHARE.
Only 14 upvotes, 587 down votes!

Daily Mail readers are knuckledraggers by a wide margin.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Daily Mail readers slam BoSoxGal

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Neither 50% nor 25% of the population are homosexual. I'm sick of the relentless campaign to indoctrinate children into acceptance of perverts, and the shaming of people who oppose this agenda. But it's been clever marketing over the past 50 years or so to make base behavior acceptable and even lauded with "pride"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:31 pm
Only 14 upvotes, 587 down votes!

Daily Mail readers are knuckledraggers by a wide margin.
Of course, that's the only possible explanation.  Everybody is out of step except her.
In her own little way, she's as deluded as the former POTUS.

And if it is true that White Americans are going to be in the minority in 10-20 years, maybe THEN is the time to let make-believe be representative of her perceived reality.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

m sick of the relentless campaign to indoctrinate children into acceptance of perverts, and the shaming of people who oppose this agenda
First vote; Thumbs down. :arg "Perverts" and "agenda" just cemented the response. I could maybe have accepted (but not agreed with) the term "base behavior", but you couldn't just stop with that. :lol:

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I don't recall the issue and it was a while ago (probably Trump-related) but I think I beat you in the DM readership disgust stakes with something like 1500 or so down votes. But you're gaining on me. You're now up to 720/20. (One of that 20 is me.)

And Meade - gay people are not perverts. It's the way God made them if that helps. You probably know and are friends with plenty of gay people, far more than you know about, because they just don't choose to share that aspect of their lives with you.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

FWIW--I don't see why either of you wastes their time in commenting on the Daily Mail site; it's kind of like sending a sane letter to Fox--it's neither appreciated nor understood.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:03 pm
FWIW--I don't see why either of you wastes their time in commenting on the Daily Mail site; it's kind of like sending a sane letter to Fox--it's neither appreciated nor understood.
True enough - it's a bit like spitting into the wind. You regret it pretty quickly. I comment far more on Huff Post but putting your thoughts out where almost everyone agrees with you is almost as frustrating as posting on the DM. Posting on the Guardian sometimes stimulates a decent debate.

And PS - being slammed by DM readers is a badge of honour/honor.
Last edited by ex-khobar Andy on Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:03 pm

How else would you get your woke validation?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I comment far more on Huff Post but putting your thoughts out where almost everyone agrees with you is almost as frustrating as posting on the DM
True, but the DM is more like the National Enquirer than a legitimate newspaper/service (unless it has changed over the last few years, which I doubt it has), and its readers are almost entirely people who are attracted to that sort of "journalism". I enjoy a good debate as well, but I seriously doubt you would get that from DM readers.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I've known lots of homosexuals - one could hardly work in the Post Office in the UK without having friends of all kinds of persuasion, color and ethnicity. Even volunteered in a coffee shop in a weekly lesbian group meeting in Cleveland for many moons. I'm not objecting to people. I'm objecting to the propaganda campaign (followed by excoriation of those who view the matter differently) normalizing behavior that should neither be lauded nor encouraged. It isn't a virtue to stick one's dick up another man's arse - just as it isn't a virtue to stick it anywhere else.

As to trans people (for example) I thought at least part of the point is that their gender choice should be unremarkable rather than highlighted. Do we need cartoon characters that do the exact opposite and draw attention to meaningless differences? I have no idea if the guy using the same public bathroom as me was once a woman - I don't care. Good luck to him.

No, sorry. Don't accept the narrative that all behaviors are acceptable except the ones unacceptable to the more liberal way of thinking. I'm also sick of the frequent mockery, insults and general denigration of Christianity which is of course acceptable commentary amongst right-thinking people. The double-standard reeks.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

all behaviors are acceptable except the ones unacceptable to the more liberal way of thinking
I'm not sure what those exceptions are; FWIW, it seems that, if there is a consensus of what they are, they are rooted in the Golden Rule, protecting people (e.g. children or others incapable of consent) from forced sexual activity, condemning the use of force in initiating sexual activity sexual, but otherwise leaving consenting adults alone. I would think that should well fall within the christian ethical base.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I comment at Daily Mail - as well as Guardian, NYT, USMESSAGEBOARD, Boston.com and here - because I like to engage in conversation and debate with all kinds of people. The last thing we need is more fragmentation and I don’t like to be in a safe space bubble what kind of life is that?

However I also know that overarching principles of common sense and human decency transcend political bias and that’s why my comments stats at Daily Mail are overwhelmingly positive.

ARROW FACTOR
24hrs 7 days 30 days All
Positive Ratings:
Negative Ratings:
Overall Rating:39,192
Total number of comments:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:21 pm
I've known lots of homosexuals - one could hardly work in the Post Office in the UK without having friends of all kinds of persuasion, color and ethnicity. Even volunteered in a coffee shop in a weekly lesbian group meeting in Cleveland for many moons. I'm not objecting to people. I'm objecting to the propaganda campaign (followed by excoriation of those who view the matter differently) normalizing behavior that should neither be lauded nor encouraged. It isn't a virtue to stick one's dick up another man's arse - just as it isn't a virtue to stick it anywhere else.

As to trans people (for example) I thought at least part of the point is that their gender choice should be unremarkable rather than highlighted. Do we need cartoon characters that do the exact opposite and draw attention to meaningless differences? I have no idea if the guy using the same public bathroom as me was once a woman - I don't care. Good luck to him.

No, sorry. Don't accept the narrative that all behaviors are acceptable except the ones unacceptable to the more liberal way of thinking. I'm also sick of the frequent mockery, insults and general denigration of Christianity which is of course acceptable commentary amongst right-thinking people. The double-standard reeks.
What I find interesting is how you leapt to a knee jerk reactionary emotional response asserting that 25-50% of people ARE NOT LGBTQIA!!!!!! blah blah blah

WHEN NOBODY ASSERTED THAT!

The Disney executive is asserting that they want 50% of their new characters to be RACIAL MINORITIES AND LGBTQIA.

Nobody asserted they’d be 25-50% homosexual.

As to the other complaint - society has a long way to go putting the spotlight on the nasty aspects of Christianity before coming anywhere close to inflicting the degree of negativity on Christians that they’ve inflicted on the rest of the world in the millennia of their proselytizing.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

BSG--
The last thing we need is more fragmentation and I don’t like to be in a safe space bubble what kind of life is that?
True, but IMHO there are differences between a right leaning site and a site where the persons have no real interest in entertaining debate. From my recollection of the DM reporting, I put it and its readership in the latter group. Your stats reveal that it might not be the case, which is fine. FWIW, I am more than happy to enter into debate with people who clearly want to discuss issues, but I don't want to beat my head against a wall.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I didn't know you could do that with DM comments. Here's mine:

Clearly I comment on their site far less than I do elsewhere. Even so I am appalled. DM readers agree with me almost 2:1???? Please don't tell anyone else I will lose any street cred I have.

Edited to correct an autofill error I did not intend.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

And per Meade:
I'm not objecting to people.
I interpreted your prior comment about 'perverts' and 'base behavior' as being pretty much objecting to people who live their lives that way. If I misinterpreted your comment - which I sometimes do - I apologize.

However you went on to say:
I'm also sick of the frequent mockery, insults and general denigration of Christianity which is of course acceptable commentary amongst right-thinking people.
I don't know anyone (and FWIW I've spent a lot of time among Muslims) who generally denigrates Christianity. Some of the men (and they were all men, a product of their times) who have had the greatest influence on me were committed Christians and although their faith did not rub off on me (well OK it did for a year to two in my early teens) I hope that their general attitudes to others - live and let live, if I had to distill it to four words - did. The kind of Christians I do not defend are the Joel Osteens and Jerry Falwell Jr.s of this world who are so up their own arses that I hope that one day they will disappear from view.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:21 pm
Nothing worth quoting. Blacks are 12% or less of the population. Already insignificant unlike Latinos who are set to become the largest minority group (and soon to supplant Anglos). Of course, if one wants to include 90% of the population, that's a big number. Fact is, to make a big deal of 50% means a distortion of actual demographics in the pursuit of "liberal" leaning demagogues

DIsney should just shut their gobs and get on with entertaining people instead of engaging in societal engineering

AndyH I referred to persons on this board - not to the general population

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Is it social engineering, or is it giving their audience going into the future what it wants?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Blacks are insignificant? What a piece of shit mindset you have, Meade.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:56 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:21 pm
Nothing worth quoting. Blacks are 12% or less of the population. Already insignificant unlike Latinos who are set to become the largest minority group (and soon to supplant Anglos). Of course, if one wants to include 90% of the population, that's a big number. Fact is, to make a big deal of 50% means a distortion of actual demographics in the pursuit of "liberal" leaning demagogues

DIsney should just shut their gobs and get on with entertaining people instead of engaging in societal engineering

AndyH I referred to persons on this board - not to the general population
~ Carl Sagan