Daily Mail readers slam BoSoxGal

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

Re: Daily Mail readers slam BoSoxGal

Post by Joe Guy »

FWIW - I interpreted Meade's usage of the word Insignificant to mean small in numbers, since he was referencing percentage of the population.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

It’s unreasonable to dismiss more than one tenth of the population as ‘insignificant,’ and especially répugnant when that population is largely descended from the enslaved black ancestors from whose blood and sweat and imprisonment the economy of the country was in very significant part built. It would be laughable if I didn’t know Meade is an intelligent person with knowledge of US history. In that context I find it a sickening assertion.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

It really astounds me how thoughtless and absolutely clueless old white people can be. Recently I was having lunch with an old white lady that I had honestly assumed had better sense and presumably more sensibility and sensitivity. She stunned me by using the word "colored" mid conversation when describing someone with whom she works. I know my mouth fell agape. I immediately went after her use of it as inappropriate and rude as hell. She defended her use of the word by saying her cousins were biracial and the parents of the biracial children said their children were not black, they were colored. I told her she was nuts, or something similar and told her I hope she did not apply the word and the her particular logic at her work place or she would most certainly get her ass kicked, which to me would be fairly justified.

Don't be stupid old white people, people, it is most unbecoming.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:33 am
It really astounds me how thoughtless and absolutely clueless old white people can be. Recently I was having lunch with an old white lady that I had honestly assumed had better sense and presumably more sensibility and sensitivity. She stunned me by using the word "colored" mid conversation when describing someone with whom she works. I know my mouth fell agape....
I've written this before and you probably didn't read it. But I really wonder why people can be referred to as "people of color" but not "colored people". I guess I'm a hateful white bigoted person for not understanding that.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:56 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:21 pm
Nothing worth quoting. Blacks are 12% or less of the population. Already insignificant unlike Latinos who are set to become the largest minority group (and soon to supplant Anglos). Of course, if one wants to include 90% of the population, that's a big number. Fact is, to make a big deal of 50% means a distortion of actual demographics in the pursuit of "liberal" leaning demagogues

DIsney should just shut their gobs and get on with entertaining people instead of engaging in societal engineering

AndyH I referred to persons on this board - not to the general population
Disney might be the most evil corporation in history.
Last edited by Jarlaxle on Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treat Gaza like Carthage.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:45 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:33 am
It really astounds me how thoughtless and absolutely clueless old white people can be. Recently I was having lunch with an old white lady that I had honestly assumed had better sense and presumably more sensibility and sensitivity. She stunned me by using the word "colored" mid conversation when describing someone with whom she works. I know my mouth fell agape....
I've written this before and you probably didn't read it. But I really wonder why people can be referred to as "people of color" but not "colored people". I guess I'm a hateful white bigoted person for not understanding that.
It’s offensive full stop. You are probably one of those whites who grouse on about it being unjust that Blacks say the N word and you can’t.

liberty

Post by liberty »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:57 pm
I don't recall the issue and it was a while ago (probably Trump-related) but I think I beat you in the DM readership disgust stakes with something like 1500 or so down votes. But you're gaining on me. You're now up to 720/20. (One of that 20 is me.)

And Meade - gay people are not perverts. It's the way God made them if that helps. You probably know and are friends with plenty of gay people, far more than you know about, because they just don't choose to share that aspect of their lives with you.
I have no problem with homosexuality; however, I am a strong supporter of science. And, I have heard that before on numerous occasions. But this is the first time I’ve asked: How do you know that? Who did the study? And. who did the peer review and what is the specific gene that promotes homosexuality?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:09 am
It’s unreasonable to dismiss more than one tenth of the population as ‘insignificant,’ and especially répugnant when that population is largely descended from the enslaved black ancestors from whose blood and sweat and imprisonment the economy of the country was in very significant part built. It would be laughable if I didn’t know Meade is an intelligent person with knowledge of US history. In that context I find it a sickening assertion.
Oh, take a relax pill. You raised the issue of whites becoming a minority. That's a true thing. But it's not blacks who will outnumber them but Hispanics. Blacks are an ever-shrinking (like whites) proportion of the population. That's also a true thing.

It's not the persons who are "insignificant" - it's the number in relation to the total population. :roll:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

It's the way God made them. Ja nie. :lol: That went out the window a long time ago along with "the devil made me do it". None of us are "the way God made" us.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:14 am
It’s offensive full stop. You are probably one of those whites who grouse on about it being unjust that Blacks say the N word and you can’t.
Why is the use of "colored people" offensive? Seriously.

And I'm not upset that Black people can say "Nigga" or "Nigger" and it doesn't offend other Black people (or maybe doesn't offend most Black people. And I can say nigga etc. if I want to but I don't.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

It’s about the history of the use of the term “colored”. But you probably know that. It was a term used to segregate and denigrate. People of color encompasses many people not just Blacks.

If you are still in the dark I suggest you use Google to further your education.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:32 am
It’s about the history of the use of the term “colored”. But you probably know that. It was a term used to segregate and denigrate. People of color encompasses many people not just Blacks.

If you are still in the dark I suggest you use Google to further your education.
If that is the case, you are pitching a helluva big tent that almost anyone could fit under.

You see, I also happen to be a person of color.  It's just that I'm sort of Peach-colored.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Lot of white people beating themselves, and others, up, about trying to please non-whites here.

Just be a good person.

If the left stopped constantly haranguing us about how we're bad for being white, and for believing things which most of us do not believe, we may be more amenable.

I have a mate, white, middle class, late middle age, whose FB feed is nothing but memes telling us off for being nasty to trans/LBGQIRST/BAME/ disabled/ or whoever is "cause of the week" people. It's boring, annoying and counter productive.

Makes me want to fill his feed with "Fuck the Trans, Black, disabled wankers," memes.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Need I point out that mice dogs (with or without the ability of speech) and ducks are already minorities?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:01 am
BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:09 am
Oh, take a relax pill. You raised the issue of whites becoming a minority. That's a true thing. But it's not blacks who will outnumber them but Hispanics. Blacks are an ever-shrinking (like whites) proportion of the population. That's also a true thing.

It's not the persons who are "insignificant" - it's the number in relation to the total population. :roll:
And you would be totally WRONG, again. The black population in relation to the total population is growing, not shrinking. You do realize we have a census every ten years and demographics is something that is studied quite carefully in this country? Why bother lying - just too lazy to use the keyboard and do the research, or just too racist to accept that your pronouncements are both wrong and very ugly?

Even if the percentage of black citizens had fallen in recent years they wouldn’t be in any way less significant. It is very fucking obvious to anyone with open eyes that the black population of this country looms much larger than its numbers would suggest thanks to the very large population of racists in this country, both born here and sadly imported from elsewhere.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... k-america/
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:04 am
It's the way God made them. Ja nie. :lol: That went out the window a long time ago along with "the devil made me do it". None of us are "the way God made" us.
Wow Meade I did not know that. I thought - Genesis and all that - that He did it: on day 6 if I recall.

I remember when Jerry Falwell (original not 2.0) made some stupid remarks about Sept 11 2001 (basically it was all because ACLU abortionists no prayer in school whatever) and some other people said "Not so." So Jerry's son said "Satan has launched a hail of fiery darts at dad" and that "liberals, and especially gay activists, have launched a vicious smear campaign to discredit him." (See WaPo piece here.)

Jerry's son Jonathon (this was not the other son who preferred to watch) was not one to miss a trick and pointed out that we could all make Jerry feel better by sending him $50 or $100. From that same piece: "The younger Falwell suggested that supporters could assuage the elder Falwell's "personal hurt" by sending "a special Vote of Confidence gift for Jerry Falwell of at least $50 or even $100.""

Meade you aren't Falwell or Osteen or any of those assholes and I am not trying to compare you because like Chris Rock the other night, my tongue is at least partially in my cheek. But I honestly thought that God (and a bit of Free Willy) making us who we are was a central tenet of the Abrahamic religions.

I've known lots of gay guys and probably plenty more than I knew because they did not choose to be public with that aspect of their lives. Some I know died of AIDS and one particular friend I lost track of around 1985 and ever since I have wondered . . . The idea that homosexuality was a lifestyle choice when it was so much easier to go with the flow is just plain idiotic. (I initially had the word 'laughable' there but I'm not laughing.)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:45 am
And you would be totally WRONG, again. The black population in relation to the total population is growing, not shrinking. You do realize we have a census every ten years and demographics is something that is studied quite carefully in this country? Why bother lying - just too lazy to use the keyboard and do the research, or just too racist to accept that your pronouncements are both wrong and very ugly? uggest thanks to the very large population of racists in this country, both born here and sadly imported from elsewhere.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... k-america/
From the US Census Bureau:
In 2020, the Black or African American alone population (41.1 million) accounted for 12.4% of all people living in the United States, compared with 38.9 million and 12.6% in 2010.
I see a decrease (decrease) from 12.6 to 12.4. Now if "mixed" responders are included, that number is more like 16%. You can apologize for the "lying", "too lazy", "racist" and "ugly" remarks whenever you're able.

It would be nice if you'd stop pretending that I suggested people are insignificant, but hey, at least you have a hobby. :D

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:46 am
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wow Meade I did not know that. I thought - Genesis and all that - that He did it: on day 6 if I recall.
And a few days (?) later Adam and Eve brought about the fall from grace. And Seth was made "in the image and likeness" of Adam, says Genesis - not God. So, we're not "the way God made us". (By extension, Cain too, was like Adam rather than God).

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

It was huge news just a few weeks ago that the 2020 census was skewed badly on minority count because of hijinks in the Trump administration and covid impact on the process which ended earlier than originally planned.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/10/us/c ... ation.html

That’s why I posted the Pew research which accurately reflects the growth in the population.
The U.S. Black population is also growing. In 2019, 46.8 million people in the U.S. identified their race as Black, either alone or as part of a multiracial or ethnic background. That is up from 36.2 million in 2000.1 The Black share of the U.S. population is higher today than in 2000 as well. About 14% of the national population said they were Black in 2019, up from 13% who did so in 2000.

I won’t be retracting any of my comments as I’m calling balls and strikes as I see them. You disgust me more often than not with your old white guy sexism fatphobia racism etc. You’re a fucking caricature most of the time lately.

eta: To be specific, that chasm of empty space where you made zero attempt to explain how even 10% of a population could be reasonably described as ‘insignificant’ (it can’t be, hence no attempt) and the accompanying total failure to account for how black Americans could in any way be described as an insignificant population given their outsize impact on our history from before our nation’s founding to today also speaks volumes.

Either a man can’t just admit to being wrong, or he means what he says when what he says is répugnant.
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:46 am
MajGenl.Meade wrote:

I remember when Jerry Falwell (original not 2.0) made some stupid remarks about Sept 11 2001 (basically it was all because ACLU abortionists no prayer in school whatever) and some other people said "Not so." So Jerry's son said "Satan has launched a hail of fiery darts at dad" and that "liberals, and especially gay activists, have launched a vicious smear campaign to discredit him." (See WaPo piece here.)

Jerry's son Jonathon (this was not the other son who preferred to watch) was not one to miss a trick and pointed out that we could all make Jerry feel better by sending him $50 or $100. From that same piece: "The younger Falwell suggested that supporters could assuage the elder Falwell's "personal hurt" by sending "a special Vote of Confidence gift for Jerry Falwell of at least $50 or even $100.""

Meade you aren't Falwell or Osteen or any of those assholes and I am not trying to compare you because like Chris Rock the other night, my tongue is at least partially in my cheek. But I honestly thought that God (and a bit of Free Willy) making us who we are was a central tenet of the Abrahamic religions.

I've known lots of gay guys and probably plenty more than I knew because they did not choose to be public with that aspect of their lives. Some I know died of AIDS and one particular friend I lost track of around 1985 and ever since I have wondered . . . The idea that homosexuality was a lifestyle choice when it was so much easier to go with the flow is just plain idiotic. (I initially had the word 'laughable' there but I'm not laughing.)

'"There is no ‘gay gene.’ There is no ‘straight gene.’ Sexuality is just complex, study confirms
Science Aug 29, 2019 6:53 PM EDT
There is no single gene responsible for a person being gay or a lesbian.

That’s the first thing you need to know about the largest genetic investigation of sexuality ever, which was published Thursday in Science. The study of nearly a half million people closes the door on the debate around the existence of a so-called “gay gene.”

In its stead, the report finds that human DNA cannot predict who is gay or heterosexual. Sexuality cannot be pinned down by biology, psychology or life experiences, this study and others show, because human sexual attraction is decided by all these factors.

“This is not a first study exploring the genetics of same-sex behavior, but the previous studies were small and underpowered,” Andrea Ganna, the study’s co-author and genetics research fellow at the Broad Institute and Mass General Hospital, said in a press briefing on Wednesday. “Just to give you a sense of the scale of [our] data, this is approximately 100 times bigger than any previous study on this topic.”

Sexuality cannot be pinned down by biology, psychology or life experiences, this study and others show, because human sexual attraction is decided by all these factors.
The study shows that genes play a small and limited role in determining sexuality. Genetic heritability — all of the information stored in our genes and passed between generations — can only explain 8 to 25 percent of why people have same-sex relations, based on the study’s results."
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.