Don’t Say Gay

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Don’t Say Gay

Post by liberty »

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consum ... -rcna22551

Magic no more? DeSantis questions Disney's special operating city in Florida
The Reedy Creek Improvement District is a special administrative zone that is the site of Walt Disney World, and a decades-long history in the Sunshine State.

April 2, 2022, 6:47 AM PDT
By Rob Wile
MIAMI — Imagine if Disney had to go through its local planning and zoning board to build a new castle. Or if it suddenly had to rely on Orange County, Florida, and other local jurisdictions to pick up its trash.

Or if it could no longer sell its own bonds to build roads in its parks.

That's what could happen if some Florida legislators get their way.

On March 30, Spencer Roach, a member of Florida's House of Representatives who represents State House District 79, tweeted that he and other legislators were continuing to discuss repealing a special legislative act that created the Reedy Creek Improvement District. It's the unique zone — believed to be among the only example of its kind in the U.S. — in which Disney's largest theme park and resort operates in the Sunshine State.

The discussions came in response to Disney’s new opposition to Florida House Bill 1557, dubbed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill by critics, which restricts the teaching of sexual orientation or gender identity.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.