You really all need to keep up

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
ex-khobar Andy

You really all need to keep up

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Scooter

Re: You really all need to keep up

Post by Scooter »

My reaction was this is news, really?

That being said...

Trains belong on bridal gowns and nothing else. Stupid dress to wear for navigating through crowds.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

Stupid is as stupid does...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

My reaction was this is news, really?
Mine was, so? I really couldn't care less about what she (or any other Kardashian, for that matter) does. In a world we we still may be prpceeding toward a broad based war or even nuclear exchanges, the fact that someone tripped over their gown is news?

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I think Davidson's formal shoes are at least as interesting as her tripping.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I'm really worried about Kim Kardashian now. I'm concerned that she won't learn from this experience and she might get injured in another unsafe gown.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:17 pm
I'm really worried about Kim Kardashian now. I'm concerned that she won't learn from this experience and she might get injured in another unsafe gown.
I'm sure the shoes she was wearing were a contributing factor.

Undoubtedly, this will lead to guidelines under existing OSHA regulations defining a train on a gown and specifying minimum and maximum length for the same as well as engineering studies to determine the safest maximum amount of rise of a slope or staircase if a gown with a train is to be worn, and whether or not variances need to be made depending upon the style and heel-height of footwear worn in conjunction with such clothing ... as well as to whether exemptions will be allowed for existing but non-compliant stairways and ramps, or if they will need to be retrofitted, refurbished, or scrapped and rebuilt entirely in order to be brought in line with the new standards.  Not to mention the need for an entirely new appendix relating to signage.

And the politicians and bureaucrats will then congratulate themselves that they have been able to come together to resolve such a looming issue of public safety, while the rest of the world burns down around them.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I think the government should just outlaw gowns with trains. Or is it trains with gowns?

Either way, gowns are hazardous and there's an inherent liability with them and someone needs to take responsibility for resultant injurious infliction if they continue to be legally worn.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

No worries, soon enough we’ll all be appropriately attired.
428C7C32-4848-481D-BBF5-2126ADAA44CB.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Perhaps all gowns with trains should be painted yellow?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:53 am
Perhaps all gowns with trains should be painted yellow?
Excellent idea. And/or require a warning sign to be attached to all sides of any person accessorized with a gown-train sartorial selection....

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

That could make a gown woman cry.