This is The Way I always Change a Flat Tire...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

This is The Way I always Change a Flat Tire...

Post by Joe Guy »

Although it's a little more difficult for me because I do it alone and need to be driving at the same time.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAd_PZOSB2k&t=47s

Burning Petard

Re: This is The Way I always Change a Flat Tire...

Post by Burning Petard »

Looks to me as tho there is lots of room to improve their time. For instance, the way the lug nuts were handled. NASCAR fully perfected having them already attached the wheel. I did notice they were very skinny (and thus lower weight) tires.

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

It's possible that if the original lug nuts were just removed and left to fall to the ground, the car could run over one of them as it circled, throwing off the precarious balance.

I DO think, though, that it would have been more impressive if the tire handler had returned to his position inside the car rather than just jumping clear, like the five-man crew in this video did after removing and replacing TWO tires, using an X-wrench rather than a power tool.  And they didn't need no chicken-shit ramp to get up onto two wheels, either.
(although it does appear that there was only one lug nut per wheel being loosened/tightened; the others were apparently just run up finger-tight)

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

It all reminds me of the Canada military drill team that manages to drive a jeep in a parade, stop, totally break it down in parts, then put it back together and drive away with no more delay in the parade than the exhibitions performed by other drill teams.

snailgate.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:31 pm
It all reminds me of the Canada military drill team that manages to drive a jeep in a parade, stop, totally break it down in parts, then put it back together and drive away with no more delay in the parade than the exhibitions performed by other drill teams.

snailgate
You mean these guys?

Here's the same crew (I think) at a different venue, with a little crisper focus.

Although I am noticing the way it takes only one guy to manhandle the radiator out of the thing barehanded, which tells me two things ... it's cool to the touch, and it ain't very heavy, which (to me) means there's no coolant in it.  I'm assuming that for these demonstrations there is no fluid flowing through the cooling system and the radiator is empty, and any coolant in the engine is sealed within the engine block ... or they're running it dry and they're VERY damned careful about how much they drive that thing so it doesn't seize up.

Still impressive as hell, though.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?