Happy Thanksgiving

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Joe Guy »

Everybody sing!: Rudolph the red nosed turkey, had a very shiny beak....

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

7A0701EE-E0EC-4678-AED7-FE2E39B7874E.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

If I may interject a serious thought into the levity of this thread ....

When you sit down to your dinners today, whether its a home-cooked spread shared with family and friends, or out at a holiday buffet, or even, like myself, just tucking in to a premade deli-department heat-and-eat turkey dinner (although I will be dressing it with some cranberry sauce, ambrosia salad, and a nice glass of Riesling), take just a moment to reflect on those people who have needlessly lost their lives to hatred and violence of whatever form.

There were two mass shootings and the gruesome murders of four young people just within the week leading up to the holiday alone, and it seems like there hasn't been a week gone by this year without the report of some new outrage or atrocity.  I'm not going to try to belabor an issue, assign blame, or otherwise score points with these ... I just want to say this —

Pause and look around at all your relatives and loved ones surrounding you.   Then remember — there are a lot of families sitting down to dinner today with an unnecessarily empty chair at the table.

Happy Thanksgiving, indeed.

-"BB"-