Christmas is Coming....

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Christmas is Coming....

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:58 am
It appears to be authentic: MSN are reporting it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbfcL
It's either authentic, or it was done by someone who's studied Trump's penchant for randomly capitalizing words that do not need to be capitalized and is able to flawlessly imitate it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I will believe this is actually from the real Trump when I see a verifiable, non-photoshopped picture of Mr. Trump standing at the entrance of a Christian Church, holding the Holy Bible so everyone can see it.

My faith in the sacred truth of every word in that book means I believe that if such a thing were to happen, there would be a repeat of Acts 5:1-10.

I wish everyone a thrilling holiday season, particularly a sincere wish that all had a wonderful Festivus and Airing of grievances.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Merry Christmas y’all.

Do yourselves a favor and watch the FX/BBC A Christmas Carol with Guy Pearce - it’s a brilliant adaption, one I think that Dickens would have loved. It’s on Amazon Prime and Hulu.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

"Clairvoyant" ????? :loon
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I am a faithful reader of the Calvin and Hobbs saga. Yesterday I believe it was revealed that this resourceful and insightful lad, along with the wise tiger, live in Buffalo, New York.

https://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2022/12/25

Where else would he be able to construct all these snowmen, and still leave all the ground covered with snow?

Happy Boxing Day. Remember, the Christmas season still has ten more days. If you send me swans a swimming and lord leaping, I will not sign for them.
I could always hock the golden rings, even if they are 10K gold wash. They ought to bring at least the price of a cuppa senior coffee at McDs.

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:43 pm
Happy Boxing Day.   Remember, the Christmas season still has ten more days.   If you send me swans a swimming and lord leaping, I will not sign for them.

snailgate
I cannot help but observe that you do not seem to share that attitude when it comes to accepting delivery of the ladies-in-waiting and the milkmaids...
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Econoline wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:08 pm

"Clairvoyant" ????? :loon

Image\
-"BB"-

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I count at least 25 words in that tweet which Trump keeps using even though they do not mean what he thinks they mean.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

When I first saw that I thought it had to be a spoof. Entirely plausible, like the best spoofs: but in the end you would have to suspend disbelief (or is it suspend belief?) to think it was anything but a wickedly good parody.

Sadly, it's real of course. And there are still people who think this guy should be POTUS all over again. That's the truly mind-blowing aspect of ll this.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Today the political pundits who follow the stats said that a small but critical percentage of the usually die hard GOP voting base voted against, or cast no vote, for the candidates who were trumpeting their intent to undermine the electoral process in future if elected. It seems our republic is depending at present on a small minority of truly ethical citizens to hopefully forestall the reincarnation of the Trump monstrosity. Fingers crossed for the next two years.
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I need to move to Texas.