Two front teeth?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Two front teeth?

Post by TPFKA@W »

What do you want for Christmas this year, for those who practice the giving and receiving season?

Clearly world peace is off the table.

I want to go to Paris for a week or 2. Hopefully I remember to take my husband so he's not Home Alone. :mrgreen:

Long Run

Re: Two front teeth?

Post by Long Run »

Apparently just a relatively short drive and you can say, "We'll always have New Paris".

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

And don't forget to enjoy the Ashby Inn & Restaurant

https://www.ashbyinn.com/

The Other Paris
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

It was two years today that what I'd heard was officially confirmed.  So since I can't have Katherine back, I'll settle for someone like her.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Getting what I want for Xmas, arriving in the UK on 28/12.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You realize that’s after Christmas right?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Crackpot wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:47 pm
Not technically, as Christmas lasts the twelve days after the holy day until the feast of the epiphany. In olden times it meant twelve days of feasting and merrymaking.

Safe travels to Hen! And much merrymaking I’m sure will ensue.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Crackpot wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:47 pm
Well, the Brits have that weird thing called 'Boxing Day', and it was a British author who came up with Hogswatch Night — which is sort of like but not exactly like Christmas and celebrated on the 32nd of December, so who knows when those blokes on the other side of the pond are celebrating anything any more?

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Gifts addressed to me will be burned unopened and I will cut off all contact with the sender. After 15 years, I am DONE.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:55 pm
Gifts addressed to me will be burned unopened and I will cut off all contact with the sender. After 15 years, I am DONE.
Feeling a bit Grinchy? :shrug

I hate all the consumerism aspect of Xmas, too. I give cash to my housemates so they can pick whatever they want and they are under strict orders not to get me anything - but they can get a gift for my dog.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

World Peace is not going to happen. So, what would be a good gift? China to implode, Putin to have a fatal heart attack, and Biden dies, any one of them or preferably all three.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:54 am
.... and Biden dies, any one of them or preferably all three.
Now I understand why you don't like Joe Biden.

You're a Kamala Harris supporter.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:12 am
liberty wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:54 am
.... and Biden dies, any one of them or preferably all three.
Now I understand why you don't like Joe Biden.

You're a Kamala Harris supporter.
No, I am not a supporter of hers. I only have the energy to deal with one thief at a time. He doesn't give a damn about the little people in this country. I care more about them than he does. The bastard could write me a check for ten thousand dollars today, but that still wouldn't balance the scales because of all the other people he has hurt.

My neighbor and friend asked me why I didn't have a sign announcing my alarm system. I told him because it was immoral. What would I be saying if I put up a sign telling potential burglars to beware of my alarm? I would be saying that I want to protect my property; I don't care what happens to others. I don't want to scare burglars off; I want to put them in jail.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

What would you need an alarm system for?   Don't those report to the police or a third party like ADT or Brinks, who then sends either the police or their own rent-a-cop out to check the matter?   I thought you were a descendant of the people of the steppes; one of the last of those macho men whose attitude was never trust the cops to do what a good man with a gun can do for himself.

Or is the alarm system just to tell you where and when you're being 'invaded' so you can set up your ambush in the proper place?

-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:23 am
I don't care what happens to others

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:00 pm
liberty wrote:

Liberal liar

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I see my point on world peace being off the table has been made.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:28 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:00 pm
liberty wrote:

Liberal liar
Don't be so hard on yourself, lib. You wrote that you don't care what happens to other people. I believe you.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:03 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:55 pm
Feeling a bit Grinchy? :shrug

I hate all the consumerism aspect of Xmas, too. I give cash to my housemates so they can pick whatever they want and they are under strict orders not to get me anything - but they can get a gift for my dog.
After fifteen years of being ignored and getting piles of crap I don't want, don't need, have no use for, and have no space for (much of it was disposed of as soon as I got it), I am DONE. I have asked for nothing. I have BEGGED people to get nothing for me. I was ignored. This year is the ultimatum. If it means I cut off all contact with my family forever...so be it, so it shall be. If so, most reasons for not moving out of the area evaporate.