NOTAMs

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

NOTAMs

Post by BoSoxGal »

So everyone in the USA is grounded over a computer problem on an antiquated system that the FAA has been trying to modernize for years but cannot get adequate funds and supports to finalize the project.

USA is really becoming a cringy embarrassment in terms of infrastructure.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/faa-sy ... index.html
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Re: NOTAMs

Post by Long Run »

If that is the problem, then user fees could easily fund an upgrade. Careful what you wish for, "upgrades" of this type often go badly.

Big RR

Re: NOTAMs

Post by Big RR »

I would think given what the user fees (really surcharges and taxes on plane tickets are) they could be coninuously upgrading, but from what I see atthe airports they'd rather use them for the security theater we have had since Sep 11. A while back I recall having to be security screened twice in a foreign country and was told this was required by the US for all flights to the US. The screening was done by airline personnel and was essentially the same as the one when entering the airport, but they have plenty of money for that silliness.