Another pack of trigger-happy thugs with badges

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Jarlaxle

Another pack of trigger-happy thugs with badges

Post by Jarlaxle »

What the FUCK?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1617095593205047297

North Carolina, Jason Harvey Kloepfer shot in cold blood.

ex-khobar Andy

Re: Another pack of trigger-happy thugs with badges

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I didn't know about this until Jarl raised it.

You may have to dig a little to see the complete video. The link is in the second tweet (from FiftyShadesOfWhey) in the thread Jarl linked.

There is also a Wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_ ... y_Kloepfer where, unbelievably, there is a petition to remove the piece. If anyone here edits Wikipedia, add your opinion to the discussion page. (I just did.)

The victim of the shooting appears to have survived and the police involved (a) nearly cost a man his life and (b) will probably end up costing their local taxpayers seven figures.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I am confused by the entry in Wikipedia. It includes the phrase: " Cherokee Indian Police Department" in several places. Looking at the town and county in wikipedia, there is no Cherokee Indian Police Department within the county. Indian Police, where they exist, have very different jurisdictions and authorities, compared to a town police or county sheriff in Kentucky. That may be a significant part of the 'delete' discussion in Wikipedia.

However, it all seems to me to be another episode of police culture that is gonna cost the local taxpayer a bundle. Does anyone know if small towns can lay this risk off on an insurance company? Usually one cannot get insurance for illegal actions. The wiki story sort of hints that this may be a case of 'swatting' which is a form harassment taking advantage of the fading police culture of 'serve and protect'. The only good part is that the victims were not killed.

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

https://ebci.com/government/
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.

Located in Cherokee, North Carolina, the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians were once part of a much larger Cherokee Nation population. However, when the Trail of Tears was mandated, and forced removal and relocation were directed by the US government and then President Andrew Jackson, the Cherokee Tribe became divided into what is known today as the Cherokee Nation and United Kituwah Band, located in Oklahoma, and the Eastern Band, made up of those who remained and rebuilt within North Carolina’s Qualla Boundary (sometimes called the Cherokee Indian Reservation).
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Interesting, MajGen'l. Again, depending on Wikipedia for my information, the Qualla Boundary does have a small non-contiguous amount of land within Cherokee County NC. [It was my error in sloppy reading that put this in Kentucky] Reading the Wiki entry more carefully, it seems the particular incident was within the jurisdiction of the Cherokee Nation and their SWAT team was called in. It is still fuzzy to me as to why the Sheriff is releasing information if it was not his deputies that were directly involved. Looks to me as though this will be a potential civil rights case, totally federal. No local liability on the town at all. Still, an example of the cops, yes, being a pack of trigger-happy thugs with badges.

My son was employed by an American Corporation operating a chemical plant within the Cherokee Nation, South of Tulsa Oklahoma. The plant was on land leased from the Cherokee. Once when I was visiting, there were lots of billboards and posters for various individuals running for President of that nation. They clearly called the office 'President' not chief.

snailgate
Last edited by Burning Petard on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The online reports I read indicated that the sheriff called for interagency mutual assistance from the Indian police because they have a SWAT team and his agency does not. Calls to law enforcement reported multiple instances of gunfire and that a person was being held hostage - that is definitely a basis for calling SWAT because domestic violence calls are the single most deadly for LEOs. That said rural SWAT tends to be more trigger happy than the average small town cop because they have lots of gear and guns and often very little time to practically train with their toys.

Sounds like they were amped for a confrontation and the guy walked out the door with something in his hand - the drone/robot they sent in to surveil him - and the cops ‘saw a gun’ and started blazing. Definitely a payout in the future from the agencies involved.

If the call to law enforcement was bogus, I hope the caller is identified and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:30 pm

If the call to law enforcement was bogus, I hope the caller is identified and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.
It sure looks possible that is what happened.

Either that or they were at the wrong address. No matter how it happened all of the officers need to be fired and prosecuted.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

And vivisected.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Kloepfer may have been SWATed by a neighbor. Police lied, as usual. All charges against Kloepfer have been dropped, though the bad cops, as usual, are not locked up.