This is the face of evil.

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Jarlaxle

This is the face of evil.

Post by Jarlaxle »

Sadly, the psycho did not end up shot two or three dozen times.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... m-two.html

ex-khobar Andy

Re: This is the face of evil.

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

No I think it's the face of mental illness. He is apparently a 'special needs' student which is a very broad spectrum. And without knowing any more than is in the DM piece, he is possibly not 'evil' per se.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Maybe it's time to recognize that the idea of 'mainstreaming' certain types of people has failed, and since we can't euthanize or cull them like we would a vicious, unmanageable dog, it's time to go back to institutionalizing them for their well-being and safety as well as that of the general population.   Take the two cases Jarl cited ... if those people aren't poster children for a return to the days of a "Mental Hospital for the Criminally Insane", I don't know what is.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:02 pm
No I think it's the face of mental illness. He is apparently a 'special needs' student which is a very broad spectrum. And without knowing any more than is in the DM piece, he is possibly not 'evil' per se.
Then he needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Two childless men condemning special needs children. Surprise, surprise. Not.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:40 pm
Two childless men condemning special needs children. Surprise, surprise. Not.
Then how about parking this NFL-sized 17 year old thug with YOU? Hopefully, he won't decide you looked at him funny and rip you limb from limb with his bare hands. If he is breathing, the correct place for him is prison, and he should never leave except in a body bag.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

What Bicycle Bill said.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:40 pm
Two childless men condemning special needs children who fuckin' near killed someone. Surprise, surprise. Not.
Fixed it for you, BSG.
And like Jarl said ... then open up your home and take either one of those two in.  I'll even let you have your choice.  (I suggest you make sure your insurance is up-to-date first, though)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

This is a disturbing story, and it's clear or should be clear to anyone that something has to be done. Given enough time, he will kill someone. That can't be allowed. If one lives among people long enough, someone will make you angry sooner or later, but you can't beat someone up for making you angry. However, I would like to know why he is violent. Is it a learned behavior, or is it genetic? By nature, I am curious and want to know why things happen.

It's more Gob's area than mine, but I would like to think cognitively challenged people are not particularly violent people. My experience is mostly with people with Down Syndrome, and the ones I've known have been very gentle and sweet, especially one man I know very well. But he was taught restraint at an early age and never knew anything but love all of his life.

Being a village idiot myself, I have much empathy with those who are also retarded, but people do have a right to be safe. If someone is proven dangerous, regardless of their mental capacity, they cannot be allowed to move around freely. This individual might need to be institutionalized for the rest of his life.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Well folks here will be glad to learn he is being tried on a felony charge as an adult and will face decades in prison if convicted as charged. He has a history of assault and prior ‘successful’ involvement in the juvenile justice system which was clearly not entirely successful.

The shortfalls in the system which had opportunities to intervene in meaningful ways are hopefully obvious to all of us. Taxpayers won’t pay 50 cents per mill for special education for kids like him, and mainstreaming obviously doesn’t work to prepare such kids for the world. I know from my own experience how limited the resources are in juvenile justice system and how difficult to get kids the complex services they need to navigate life with complex conditions and challenges.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... adult.html
According to Fox there used to be a school dedicated to troubled teens in Flagler County, for pupils who struggled to function in a traditional classroom environment.

That included those who had been convicted of a crime, or were considered too violent to attend classes on traditional campuses.

But Flagler County voters failed to pass a 50-cent property tax levy to pay for the school back in 2013.

Sheriff Staly added: 'We had a school resource officer assigned to that mini-school if you will, and that's been eliminated.

'Maybe this is something the district should look at.'
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan