Uppity white boy murdered by police

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
ex-khobar Andy

Re: Uppity white boy murdered by police

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BSG pretty clearly says it's her own estimate; and as a former prosecutor she probably has more experience of that side of the police than the rest of us put together. It may be that Montana during the years BSG worked there was better or worse than average - I hope worse based on her estimates.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:51 am
Uppity white boy murdered by police. Does anybody care not SH, for sure
By the way, who or what is SH?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I’m guessing he’s referring to Scooter. Using an abbreviation of his favorite slur for him.

On a barely related note:

I have watched enough sovereign citizen videos on YouTube (even tho they have all been in the firmly “anti” camp). My YouTube ads have become noticeably scarier.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Econoline wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:53 pm
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:20 pm
There is no doubt that there are way too many cops who are gang bangers in all but name but whether that is 5% or 25%, the great majority do in fact protect and serve.
The great majority protect and serve their fellow cops, rather than the general population, if they tacitly condone their coworkers' criminal behavior.
BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:51 pm
For a very long time 95% of cops would not say boo about the various spectrum of bad cop behavior they had knowledge was ongoing.
Any cop who is willing to ignore "bad cop behavior" is a BAD cop and *NOT* a good cop.

Quis custodiet.jpg

"The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls, and tenement halls..."
In a perfect world of moral certainty I absolutely agree with you - any cop that stays silent in the face of corruption of any kind is not a good cop.

But I have firsthand suffered repeatedly the serious consequences and reprisals that come of being the public official or employee who stands for right in the face of lots of folks happy with the bent status quo. It is massively stressful, puts one’s safety at risk in certain jobs, and can devastate life plans in all sorts of ways.

Ask Frank Serpico what being a really, truly good cop cost him. Cops like Serpico are still incredibly rare because of the power of a corrupt system over the lives of men and women who want to do the right thing, but also want to go home at night just like most folks do and who work the kind of job where when you speak truth to power and turn in the really bad guys among your coworkers, you know that there is a very high likelihood that when you are pinned down and desperately in need of backup, nobody will come or they will come . . . slowly.

So I agree, all the cops who keep the secrets are some shade of bad. But some of them are people of good conscience and character who are tormented by their complicity. I can find compassion for them.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan