When are we going to start caring more about the feelings, hopes, dreams and aspirations of biological women?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

When are we going to start caring more about the feelings, hopes, dreams and aspirations of biological women?

Post by TPFKA@W »

It certainly seems that society cares more about the cares etc of Trans women than it does born biological women.
The situation in sports has enraged me lately and I whooped and shouted when I read this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ecord.html

If you are a biological male who now identifies as a female I will gladly support your need to share the ladies' room and many other needs that you have to stay safe and feel like you fit into society but taking over women's sports is where I must draw a line. It flat out is unfair to trample on biological women this way. It needs to stop.

This man needs a medal.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: When are we going to start caring more about the feelings, hopes, dreams and aspirations of biological women?

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

100%
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: When are we going to start caring more about the feelings, hopes, dreams and aspirations of biological women?

Post by Econoline »

"...World Athletics announced it would prohibit transgender athletes who have been through 'male puberty' from competing in women's world ranking sports. [This strikes me as a very sensible place to draw the line.]

"World Athletics President Sebastian Coe said the organization 'believes the integrity of the female category in athletics is paramount.'"
:ok :clap:

ETA: Another line I wouldn't mind drawing is one that could prohibit young trans women (especially in high school) who still have their male genitalia from sharing girls'/women's changing rooms and showers with cisgender girls/women.
Last edited by Econoline on Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

But I wonder just what is the subtext of this argument. Why does it matter? I personally think the qualities cited by Martin Luther King should be expanded. What should be important is the character of the individual, not the color of their skin, not how fast they can run 100 meters, or how many concussions they can give or take while engaged in a so called sport. It is long past time to abandon the pipe dream of Baron de Coubertain, or perhaps return to his original design and require all competition to be accomplished while totally nude. Among the bicycle racing culture, descriptions of those first olympic bike racers eliminating solid and liquid biological waste while riding thru the country side is indeed memorable. Compared to that image, I think nobody cares who won.

On the BBC recently I heard an interview with a member of the Ice Hockey team from Kenya who aspired to participate in the next Winter Olympics. The team member was self-described as a female and ready to be checked into the boards like any other male hockey player.

snailgate

liberty

Post by liberty »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:46 pm
It certainly seems that society cares more about the cares etc of Trans women than it does born biological women.
The situation in sports has enraged me lately and I whooped and shouted when I read this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ecord.html

If you are a biological male who now identifies as a female I will gladly support your need to share the ladies' room and many other needs that you have to stay safe and feel like you fit into society but taking over women's sports is where I must draw a line. It flat out is unfair to trample on biological women this way. It needs to stop.

This man needs a medal.
The man is brave; he is at risk of being branded a homophobe or whatever the term is. There is nothing wrong with fear and caution as long as it doesn't stop you from doing what should be done. However, for men to compete against women is unfair to women, and this man dares to say it.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

biological male...biological female
Using these terms suggests that there is nothing "biological" about being trans, which is probably not true. "Assigned male/female at birth" is preferred.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

XX or XY.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Not to mention that the vast majority of us have never had a chromosomal analysis and know whether we are XX, XY, or one of the other types seen in nature. We are assigned gender by our physical attributes, usually our genitalia.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Not to mention (OK I will) that the vast majority of sports players really do not give a shit about the gender of the person they are playing against. For years I had a regular Sunday squash date with a friend - we were evenly matched, sometimes I'd win and sometimes she would. When we moved to the US at the same time (wife of a friend, same city, same company) we took up racquetball with the same result and the same regular Sunday schedule. I would bet that most of you who have any regular sport activity - tennis, golf, walking, jogging - do it in mixed company.

I'm not saying there is not an issue at the elite level of women's sports, but it affects only a very small percentage so don't blow it out of proportion.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:15 pm
For years I had a regular Sunday squash date with a friend - we were evenly matched, sometimes I'd win and sometimes she would. When we moved to the US at the same time (wife of a friend, same city, same company) we took up racquetball with the same result and the same regular Sunday schedule. I would bet that most of you who have any regular sport activity - tennis, golf, walking, jogging - do it in mixed company.

I'm not saying there is not an issue at the elite level of women's sports, but it affects only a very small percentage so don't blow it out of proportion.
There's a big difference between a Sunday afternoon game with a friend with nothing on the line except maybe who stands for the refreshments afterwards and a competition at levels where the difference between winning and losing can affect your entire future career.  Every male-to-female transgender athlete is, to my way of thinking, robbing some biological woman somewhere of her chance to maybe play basketball or tennis or soccer or cycling or some other sport at the elite or possibly even professional levels.  And if an occurrence like that adversely affects even one biological woman, that's one too many.

On this matter, I agree with @W.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

My wife used to beat me regularly at squash. So I put on weight and that larned her!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Blow it out of proportion? It was important enough for the federal government to enact Title 9 legislation; it was important enough for the Olympic committees to decide how to handle it. Hell, it was important enough to be anti-communist propaganda during the 60s (those damn eastern block people substituting men for women).

If we don't care about women's sports, fine; ignore the situation--otherwise we need to address it. Or is that blowing it out of proportion?