We Shall Never Forget, Nor Allow It To Happen Again

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

We Shall Never Forget, Nor Allow It To Happen Again

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Today is Yom HaShoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Loving God, we come to you with heavy hearts, remembering the six million Jewish souls murdered during the Holocaust.
In the horrors of that history, when so many groups were targeted because of their identity, and in genocides which followed, we recognize destructive prejudices that drive people apart.
Forgive us when we give space to fear, negativity and hatred of others, simply because they are different from us.
In the light of God, we see everyone as equally precious manifestations of the Divine, and can know the courage to face the darkness.
Through our prayers and actions, help us to stand together with those who are suffering, so that light may banish all darkness, love will prevail over hate, and good will triumph over evil.
Amen

שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Re: We Shall Never Forget, Nor Allow It To Happen Again

Post by Burning Petard »

Not sure what IT is, but it seems to me we have allowed something like it to happen repeatedly since 1945. The killing fields of Cambodia, the ethnic cleansing with the death of Yugoslavia, the machete as an instrument of mass destruction in Rwanda. Three that are always present in my mind. I am sure others can cite more.

To paraphrase A. Lincoln, when I think that God is just, I weep for human kind.

snailgate.