RIP Clare Nowland

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

RIP Clare Nowland

Post by BoSoxGal »

PMS Princess’s auntie has died as result of the assault on her by police.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -care-home
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Re: RIP Clare Nowland

Post by BoSoxGal »

Here’s an interesting related piece: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... care-homes

At least it appears officials are taking hasty action to seek justice for this lady, hopefully they will extend that action to reforms that might prevent a future recurrence.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I am just one, but maybe I can make a difference. Many years ago my son while in the Navy, had shore leave in Australia. He enjoyed the visit, As a note of criticism, he said there are just too many critters there that are ready to bite or sting or stomp -- just plain kill you.

Now I include on the list the local constabulary. I had a trip to Australia in my bucket list. I have removed it.

snailgate.

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

I apologize for posting this late, but I wanted to thank you for your concern. I haven't been able to crawl out of this sadness. The more that was revealed the more I was infuriated. What was aired, internet, etc. I had to inform my mom. She had planned on going in October for lat visit. Good news is they are suing but only 1.2m.

I am doing my hardest to start getting involved in US and Aus organizations for elderly care and focusing on alzheimer's and dementia patients. My mom brings music and has found that patients respond to it positively.

Off to have a good cry again. Hopefully things change for the better because I think this was a turning point. Thanks again.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:hug:
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Sadly, the killers will not end up nailed to crosses and screaming.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Two young, strong policemen needed a Taser to subdue a 95-year-old woman armed with a steak knife and using a walker that doesn't make the New South Wales police look that good. It seems a 95-year-old woman could have been subdued with no more than a couple of bruises on her arms. Are the police in that state allowed to use their judgment? Do they hire police who cannot make sound judgments?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:11 pm
Sadly, the killers will not end up nailed to crosses and screaming.
What about staked on the ground, naked, in the desert. Oh, and drizzled in honey. and a few red ants.

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

liberty wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:18 pm
Two young, strong policemen needed a Taser to subdue a 95-year-old woman armed with a steak knife and using a walker that doesn't make the New South Wales police look that good. It seems a 95-year-old woman could have been subdued with no more than a couple of bruises on her arms. Are the police in that state allowed to use their judgment? Do they hire police who cannot make sound judgments?

I've read the articles and statistics for Victoria and it's mind blowing. The domestic violence numbers in one county was 180 officers were reported for domestic violence incidents and only 1 officer charged. Civilian reports of abuse were ignored, people in custody were punchd, kicked, retained in excess of hours and sometimes days.

NSW recently has had some really bad incidents happen involving cops, guns, and tasers. People are getting fed up. There was supposed to be changed in policy but it happened.

Instead, a week before their new tasers with cameras were due they cancelled. So they were going to fix something, then Clare Nowland, I guess we won't. I have noticed that all documentation for nursing homes, nurses, EMTs, and police has been revised to CYA terms as of June 2023. So, in a sense,, some change has happened. I also noted a mandatory raise in caretaker's wages. Good news.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Thank you, princess, for the update. Situations like this require constant nagging. In fact it is required of good Christians for many reasons. If anyone needs specific instructions, I refer you to Luke chapter 18 verses one to eight.

I ask your forbearance for my recent frequent references to the bible. I may be distracted as I am studying for my finals.

snailgate.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Years past local pd killed a schizophrenic armed with a garden rake ( not a leaf rake, the iron kind). I was amazed at what pussies the police have become then and I’m still amazed.

Yrs,
Rubato