Lisk/Gilgo Beach murderer suspect Arrested

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Crackpot

Lisk/Gilgo Beach murderer suspect Arrested

Post by Crackpot »

Anyone else here a true crime addict and enthralled by this development?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Re: Lisk/Gilgo Beach murderer suspect Arrested

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’ve been hooked on the news since it broke.

He is such a monster - an ogre just as was described by a witness. I feel so sorry for the women who spent their last moments of life in his presence.

I also feel sorry for his family. From the looks of the house they were living with some level of mental illness but they probably didn’t know he was a murderous psychopath. I saw BTK’s daughter in an interview once and I can’t imagine how she copes. How anyone who has been close to that level of psychopathy ever trusts another human being again.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Also I would like to say because I’m a hardass bitch who is always quick to criticize the cops, huge kudos to them for the hard work that went (and is still going) into this case and for keeping it wrapped so tight.

I think they were probably motivated a lot by the local rumors that a law enforcement officer was involved in the killings, but it is still nice to see so much effort going into getting justice for sex workers who are usually not a priority for law enforcement.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

If some of the stories I’ve heard are true that guy is a fucknut of the highest order.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.