Spam Risk

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Methuselah

Spam Risk

Post by Methuselah »

I’m rather bemused that our Spectrum-based phone lines frequently come up with a “SPAM RISK” username on calls. It’s a feature we never asked for, but I’m glad to use it. The few times I’ve listened to one of these calls it was indeed a waste of time, listening to a feature described that I don’t want. How much do these calls cost the person calling me when I don’t answer? Who gets to put a caller’s handle on the Spam Risk list? Is there a way for me to send a caller’s name to the guy who maintains this list?

Joe Guy

Re: Spam Risk

Post by Joe Guy »

Methuselah wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:48 am
Is there a way for me to send a caller’s name to the guy who maintains this list?
You should have a feature that allows you to block any caller you choose. My guess is that your phone company keeps records of blocked phone numbers and at some point a phone number that has been blocked by a large number of customers gets labeled as 'possible spam'. I don't know what those calls cost the spammers, but if there is a cost, I'm sure it's offset by the few people who may end up buying what they're selling.